Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LMT SLK type rails vs their new Mlok. Which is stronger

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

LMT SLK type rails vs their new Mlok. Which is stronger

I’m looking at snagging a rifle length MRP slick upper. I’ve owned the SLK rifle before and the bolt on rails were just rock solid.

I have never owned anything Mlok. For those with knowledge on the subject, which do you feel is the strongest attachment method?

Also is there any benefit to going with one of the new Mlok MRP uppers other thank just robustness of the mounting system?

Thanks in advance

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    No brainer for myself after having the Geissele MK1 become my fav. fail, as well as really appreciating the Remington RAUG design....what do both of those have in common, extremely difficult to manufacture built in steel screw inserts for attaching kit. The SLK is imho, and I hate to say it considering my affinity for all things LMT mono'd.....a very sub par design considering who built, and with whom it was built with in mind, aka...soldiers/police instead of civis. Why would the most hard use designing company make a chassis where you screw alum screws into a threaded screw hole in an aluminum rail.

There is a reason why the Gov't, and Cage made sure that their two rail options aftermarket wise, both had the highly unique inset steel screw holes that are bombproof.

So in conclusion brother, go with that uber sexy MLOK chassis, as MLOK is def. a stronger design over the SLK, and it's profile feels amazing in the hand unlike the OG MRPs.

PS I see you selling awesome stuff quite often, I wanted that hk94w shroud you posted SO BAD. I grew up with that gun, as my friends father had one. Anyway clearly you got style....The MLOK MRP/MWS or CSW rifle would be what I'd buy today from LMT.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 04-19-18 at 18:20.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    No brainer for myself after having the Geissele MK1 become my fav. fail, as well as really appreciating the Remington RAUG design....what do both of those have in common, extremely difficult to manufacture built in steel screw inserts for attaching kit. The SLK is imho, and I hate to say it considering my affinity for all things LMT mono'd.....a very sub par design considering who built, and with whom it was built with in mind, aka...soldiers/police instead of civis. Why would the most hard use designing company make a chassis where you screw alum screws into a threaded screw hole in an aluminum rail.

There is a reason why the Gov't, and Cage made sure that their two rail options aftermarket wise, both had the highly unique inset steel screw holes that are bombproof.

So in conclusion brother, go with that uber sexy MLOK chassis, as MLOK is def. a stronger design over the SLK, and it's profile feels amazing in the hand unlike the OG MRPs.

PS I see you selling awesome stuff quite often, I wanted that hk94w shroud you posted SO BAD. I grew up with that gun, as my friends father had one. Anyway clearly you got style....The MLOK MRP/MWS or CSW rifle would be what I'd buy today from LMT.
    Just the info I was looking for.

And BTW I had my dealer place an order for me yesterday for one of the first 50 CSW’s in FDE I am really excited about that particular rifle.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Thought I read on here that the LMT MLOK rail require one to remove MLOK accessories forward the gas block for barrel changes. Not that it's a huge deal, but rather inconvenient given the theory behind the MRP...

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
    Thought I read on here that the LMT MLOK rail require one to remove MLOK accessories forward the gas block for barrel changes. Not that it's a huge deal, but rather inconvenient given the theory behind the MRP...
    That might be a deal breaker if true.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I don't really think it's a deal breaker. I think of the barrel change as a plus and not a feature. Just a result of good engineering when developing the monolithic chassis.

But honestly you can shave the bolts a little shorter and I hear it clears. Also I'm told that LMT is working on QD Mlok attachment methods.

What is almost a deal breaker for me are that the QD mounts aren't limited rotation.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I went old school MRP rifle length picatinny full quad. I just like the feel better.
    Jaysop, I hear you on the NOT rotation limited QD, disappointing but not a deal breaker for me.
    Last edited by LMT/556; 04-20-18 at 13:47. Reason: sp

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
    They do.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I had (yes, had) both a carbine and rifle length MRP m-lok. If you have a single accessory installed and the screws are flush with the back of the nuts, you can still remove the barrel. As soon as you add another accessory on a different line of m-lok slots, you can no longer remove the barrel. Kind of annoying, but most people probably don't remove the barrel that often.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    I had (yes, had) both a carbine and rifle length MRP m-lok. If you have a single accessory installed and the screws are flush with the back of the nuts, you can still remove the barrel. As soon as you add another accessory on a different line of m-lok slots, you can no longer remove the barrel. Kind of annoying, but most people probably don't remove the barrel that often.
    Any particular reason for seeing related to the product itself?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast