Thread: Pistol reflex sight state of art ?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Pistol reflex sight state of art ?

I have waited patiently for the pistol sized reflex sights to reach maturity, what is the consensus as state of
    the art on these?

Feedback Score
    I guess I am a lucky kind of guy, I have 3 red dot sights on pistols. The first was a Dr, Optic that I bought in 2001 and used it for about 5 years with zero problems. It then went onto a after market slide that came milled for the Dr., it then went on my son's Glock 17 for it still sits to this day as his carry pistol. I then had a RMR that has sat on my Glock 34 till today.

I then got a CZP07 that I sent to Cajun for their magic and I bought a RMR adjustable gen 1, and I did have to tweek the contact point since then never an issue.

I have fallen in love with the adjustable RMR, turn the dot down to as low as you can see it for a great dry fire tool.

I have a partner on a project that has been out of the Army Tier 1 unit for about a year and he told me of an older dude that was still in the unit and this guy uses RMR on his pistol 100% of the time and he summed it up like this. " I use the RMR because it just makes using a pistol so much easier".

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    They are pretty mature at this point.

Feedback Score
    From what I've been told, the RMR Type 2 is probably the most durable of the bunch right now. The Type 1s will die eventually, while the DeltaPoint Pros seem to also have longevity issues. The rest of the line up just doesn't have much of a track record.

I'd say the slide mountable RDSes are still not quite there; the RMRs still have an issue with tint, parallax, tiny FOV, and having to remove the optic to change batteries. I definitely think they're worth the squeeze, but they still have room for improvement.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    My first type 1 has lasted maybe 10 years

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Pretty much what I was expecting to hear, will buy a type 2 rmr and have it milled into my gen3 m-34.
    Who has a good rep for solid applications with the rmr and trijicon suppressor sights ?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    http://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/7dc128...fa603fce6f.pdf

Required reading for anyone considering an MRDS for serious use.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    ALG 6SM with Micro-T is straight up fire. For carrying the RMR is more appropriate. Depends on what you’re wanting to do.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My thanks to Molan Aabe for his fine input, I will be studying this in detail for some time.

Feedback Score
    I have the leupold deltapoint pro. Its mounted on my fs m&p 9. Its my accesorized gun lol. An apex gs fit bar sto threaded and fflat faced fss trigger kit. Finally a TLR-1HL light and Crimson laser backstrap.

Relative info the D-Point has just over 9.8k since mounting and has not hicupped yet. I did have to take a couple passes with a file to perfectly fit it to the slide mount but that was it. I wnet with the 7.5moa and am glad I did. Even in my mid 40s I still have good eye sight. No glases yet even for reading. But I still find especially in a busy background outside its much faster to pumthen the 2.5 moa. Also Its not a bullseye gun even though it has 1”@25 accuracy rested covering just under 2” at 25 yds and besides I sight in with the point @ 6oclock so the bullet hole sits right ontop of the delta points tip. Seems like ideal for me.

Its my home gun and use it for a few classes as I liked the feel and dot sight so much. With the light mounted follow ups are sooo easy with low power target loads its an absolute baby. But I will say make no mistake about it. To use the sight proficiently took a fair amount of practice. Both dry fire drawings and range. From the holster took the most time. You really see mechical mistakes by where the dot ends up loacted in the window as you bring into your sight picture. You do not go from average with irons and turn into great just by mounting a reflex. Anyone that has one knows what I mean when it comes to using it with speed on the draw.

I got it for a steal off ebay for 50% under online pricing. The rmrs were still having issues with the adj ones at the time. Other then very easy mod to have it fit recessed in the mount slot it was the best choice at the time. Unless its reliabilty changes I will be sticking with it and may add another to a carry gun.