Thread: 7.62x39 in style of M4

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

7.62x39 in style of M4

14.5" KAK barrel (was 16" when purchased), perm attach LANTAC brake, AIM nitride BCG, Aero upper & lower, the upper has the T-marks. Geissele SSP trigger w/ KNS Gen G pins, Aimpoint Comp M4 M68 CCO (or Trij MRO). KAC RAS with UK/SAS lower panel. KAC 98474 rear BUIS. Troy QD mount under the buffer tube castle nut. Lapped the receiver front face, also polished the barrel feed ramps, and smoothed out the sharp edges on the barrel feed ramps. Melonite gas tube, CTR stock for now, until I get a B5 Bravo. GG&G QD mount on top rail. Yeah I know it doesn't have the A2 FH, pistol grip, or the M203 cuts, chalk it up to "artistic license". I did think about having the barrel gunsmith profile the front part of the barrel with faux M203 cuts, but didn't want to introduce an ornamental "weak point" on the barrel, so that was a conscious decision. and I do like the "tacti-cool" and performance of the LANTAC. Tango Down QD stubby vert grip. I like the YHM EZ Pull take-down pins, use them on all my lowers. Ejection port dust cover is laser engraved inside & out. Standard M4 chrome-silicone carbine buffer spring with Spikes T3 buffer. I round off & polish the cut ends of the buffer spring so it doesn't dig into aluminum. Ergo grip, usually have to put a dab of contact cement to keep the rubber plug from flying out. BCM A44 ambi charging handle. not visible, Norgon mag release latch. I don't like the shiny nitride finish on the castle nut, might replace that with a parkerized one sometime down the road.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rpoL98; 04-20-18 at 19:52.