Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dry Firing References

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If you have to convince someone that 'dry firing is good' by citing sources like a collegic essay- you are talking to the wrong people. I pretty much promise everyone who has ever carried a gun for a living has done a dry fire exercise AT SOME POINT in their training. The really really good shooters dry fire their guns..... DAILY....

The reason why you will never see a manufacture or retailer recommend it, is because they are scared of the liability the first time some FUDD has a ND trying to dry practice like they told him too.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Actually Glock makes dedicated inert pistols designed for dry fire only. Available only to LE departments.

http://www.recoilweb.com/glock-train...ols-65303.html
    I have a car that doesn't run. Perfect for teaching a new driver.... want to buy it?? :P
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    I have a car that doesn't run. Perfect for teaching a new driver.... want to buy it?? :P
    The Glock17R is actually pretty versatile.

It is a good way to teach all pistol manipulations - administratively loading and unloading, reloads and remediation drills - in addition to trigger manipulation.

It can also be the basis for a non recoil laser training system to bring dry-fire to the next level - far better than a SIRT trainer.

I spent a good amount of time working with cars that didn't run, we called them driving simulators.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not EXACTLY what was asked, so with apologies, this is a great book about it.

https://grayguns.com/product/dry-fir...annette-evans/

Also available on Kindle
    Last edited by bignc; 04-26-18 at 14:21.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123