Thread: Spotting Scope for Range?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Spotting Scope for Range?

Starting research as I want to see holes in paper, 100-300 yards. What do you guys recommend? I have read 20-60x and 60-80mm will get it done. I know these get pricey, but wanted to stay around $200 - $500 if I could. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    For that price range, roll that money into your scope budget to get up another tier of optics. Will do far more to see down range than buying a low cost spotting scope.... ive been there.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The sky is the limit on optics. The more you pay, the more you get up to a point. A Kowa scope would be top notch and give you years of service.

I currently have a Konus 20x60 spotting scope, which is a budget minded scope. They go for about $250 these days and the optics are reasonably clear. When the light conditions are right, I can see .30 caliber bullet holes at 300 yards, at times .223 holes. I can easily see scoring discs at 1,000 yards when I shoot a F Class match.

Konus is decent and the low end on quality on what I would expect from a spotting scope.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    The sky is the limit on optics. The more you pay, the more you get up to a point. A Kowa scope would be top notch and give you years of service.

I currently have a Konus 20x60 spotting scope, which is a budget minded scope. They go for about $250 these days and the optics are reasonably clear. When the light conditions are right, I can see .30 caliber bullet holes at 300 yards, at times .223 holes. I can easily see scoring discs at 1,000 yards when I shoot a F Class match.

Konus is decent and the low end on quality on what I would expect from a spotting scope.
    What model Konus do you have?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a Konus 20-60x80 scope I purchased a little over 10 years ago. Jim Owens, JarheadTop.com recommended the scope at the time I made the purchase.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    I have a Konus 20-60x80 scope I purchased a little over 10 years ago. Jim Owens, JarheadTop.com recommended the scope at the time I made the purchase.
    Can you see .223 holes out to 200-300 yds?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I have a PA 1-6 x 24 Gen3, been eying a Vortex Razor 1-6 E, you saying I will see holes with it? Right now I can barely see holes at 100 yds.