Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Geissele trigger?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Which Geissele trigger?

I have this 14.7” 6920 that I need a trigger for. I ordered a LaRue MBT but I’ve been waiting over a month and hasn’t shipped yet.

So I want to a Geissele for this gun. I was thinking SSA-E but this new SSP is pretty tempting. What’s better for a general purpose rifle like this? I know some will say the SSA-E is too like but the break sounds a lot nicer than an SSA.

Feedback Score
    215 (100%)
    I always like the SD-C for general purpose.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If you're concerned about Geissele's description of the SSA's break as carrot-like, you shouldn't be. If it's like a carrot, then the carrot is very skinny...and frozen, at least that's the way mine is. I'm personally unwilling to go any lighter than the SSA, no matter how perfect the break happens to be.

The SSA is nearly identical to the MBT, and blindfolded, it's doubtful you could tell them apart in actual use.

For general purpose use, the SSP is among the last Geisseles I'd choose.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wigbones View Post
    I always like the SD-C for general purpose.
    Is that the SSA with a flat bow?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I run SSA on almost all my AR's. I have one E that is on a SPR, and I occasionally misfire when on target. My muscle memory is so conditioned is pretty interesting. And who really needs less than a 2.5lb break, which is essentially the second half of the SSA.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    My preference is the SSA on scoped rifles (target/hunting/DMR) and the ALG ACT on red dot/irons (home defense/etc)

Feedback Score
    I have the SSA-E and the second stage is Very light, I would recommend the SSA for general use.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    The SSA/G2S are very nice triggers and I would not hesitate to go that route. I have an SDE for a precision rig and it's great in that role but I think the SSA is a better do-all trigger. I have two SSP's and and had an SD3G as well and greatly prefer the SSP so I sold the SD3G. The SSP isn't exactly a bolt gun trigger, but instead feels like a very very light BCM PNT with a shorter, smoother pull and a distinct but not obnoxious reset. I really like it and will be buying more. I will say that I wish there was a 4.5# spring for the SSP. It's not an issue for me, but I can see how some could perceive the pull weight as too light.
    Last edited by Rogue556; 04-21-18 at 15:40.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker_Texasranger View Post
    I have this 14.7” 6920 that I need a trigger for. I ordered a LaRue MBT but I’ve been waiting over a month and hasn’t shipped yet.

So I want to a Geissele for this gun. I was thinking SSA-E but this new SSP is pretty tempting. What’s better for a general purpose rifle like this? I know some will say the SSA-E is too like but the break sounds a lot nicer than an SSA.
    If Geissele say it's a precision trigger it's a precision trigger not a do all trigger. The E (enhanced) triggers, IMO, would be a waste of $$$ in a 6920. They are precision triggers. The SSP looks like a 3 gun trigger. The SSA is a very popular trigger for a reason.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    My Noveske came with an SD-E. While I wouldn’t argue with whatever Geissele states a specific trigger is for, it works fine for me as a short range, fast trigger. That being said, you can’t wrong with the SSA or SD-C if you want a flat bow. Honestly I really can’t feel much of a difference between the -E and -C, except that the E feels a little lighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast