Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Geissele trigger?

Feedback Score
    I found the SSA-E too light, but really like the SSA.

ETA: I also use the G2S on range toys, but my OCD trait likes all the QA/QC with the SSA for possible defense rifles.
    Last edited by MSW; 04-21-18 at 19:19.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I may try the SDC. I want to try a flat trigger.

Feedback Score
    Another strong recommendation for the the SD-C. I have one and love it. The flat trigger shoe is very forgiving of trigger finger placement and the face is moved forward a bit which I find helpful for good trigger reach. I'm sure the SD-E or the SSA-E is nice and I've dry fired a few SSA-E's but the difference is not that pronounced to me, and the little bit of extra forgiveness of the 4.5lb total pull is nice for a general purpose carbine.

I ran one in a Pat Mac class a few years ago and found it to be everything I personally want in a duty grade carbine trigger: easy to shoot fast getting on that flat trigger face without needing to worry much about trigger finger placement for quick drills just pressing through like a single stage with, yet refined enough to get into a prone and do precision shooting fully utilizing the beautiful consistent 2nd stage break.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    My Noveske came with an SD-E. While I wouldn’t argue with whatever Geissele states a specific trigger is for, it works fine for me as a short range, fast trigger. That being said, you can’t wrong with the SSA or SD-C if you want a flat bow. Honestly I really can’t feel much of a difference between the -E and -C, except that the E feels a little lighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A Lot lighter. You can't lean on it. It offers an opportunity to shoot something you might not want to shoot. Like a team member or innocent bystander. Listen to Geissele... He isn't a dumbass!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have the SD-C and I too will strongly recommend it. I really like the flat bow and the reset. It’s not too heavy, not too light, it’s just right.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    A Lot lighter. You can't lean on it. It offers an opportunity to shoot something you might not want to shoot. Like a team member or innocent bystander. Listen to Geissele... He isn't a dumbass!
    I agree with that concept which is why I'll limit the SD-E to only this gun, but dry firing both side by side, they really don't feel much different to me.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    As others have said, you really can't go wrong with Geissele triggers. But, I do agree that the SSA-E is a bit light for HD use. It's more like a waystation between the "tactical" triggers and match.

While I have a number of SSA triggers, I have started to like the SDC more and would replace my SSA triggers if I could snap my fingers and make it happen. I also like the Tricon, which is a compromise between the curved SSA trigger and the flat SDC.

And, if you haven't figured it out, the Geissele triggers tend to multiply.
    'That whole effort was held together by sweat, shame, and a tiny bit of pride.' -- Son of Commander Paisley

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Have to agree. I'm no professional gun shooter but I'm not a rank beginner either. That said, I was caught off guard by a couple doubles when I used the SD-E shooting some steel a while back. I use them in hunting guns and didn't expect to have this issue while doing a bit more dynamic shooting. I will look to pick up the SD-C for this reason.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Try a G2S. For some applications, such as shooting from a bench, I like it a little better than my SSA, believe it or not.

My G2S has a smooth pull through the first stage, with a very distinct wall when you get to the second stage, and a very clean break, kind of glass like.

My SSA has the same smooth pull through the first stage, but the wall at the second stage isn't quite as distinct and the break is kind of carrot like, like Geissele described. It's a little easier to pull straight through compared to the G2S.

I was under the impression that the SSA and G2S were basically the same, but I'm not quite so sure this is completely true. Very, very similar, yes, but there's some difference.

That being said, I hate going back to the stock trigger now, regardless.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    I've come full circle when it comes to triggers. I've used SSA-E, SD3G, and S3G triggers. I find the SSA-E works great for precision bench shooting, but I wouldn't put one in a GP rifle. The SD3G/S3G are too light and mushy. They are light, but they do not have a noticeable "wall" where you know the trigger is going to break. I swapped in an ALG QMS on my go to gun, and couldn't be happier.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast