Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which Geissele trigger?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    A Lot lighter. You can't lean on it. It offers an opportunity to shoot something you might not want to shoot. Like a team member or innocent bystander. Listen to Geissele... He isn't a dumbass!
    I use an SD-E on my primary training/range rifle. I don't feel it is unsafe for HD or LE work. Granted, I would be concerned if someone fairly inexperienced was in a situation where they just grabbed a rifle and were expecting a GI pull.

ETA - no unwanted doubles for me. Additional ETA: I don't want to come across as saying that I think the SD-E would be suitable for general issue on a patrol rifle. I think it would be suitable for LE use in the SPM/R role.

I haven't seen anyplace on the website or in the brochure or instructions where Geissele suggests the trigger be used only for competition or hunting.

The Super Dynamic Triggers are rugged, non-adjustable combat triggers with a sear design that provides a wide margin of safety against unintentional discharges yet still gives the operator a sharp,
    repeatable trigger release. The exclusive, flat trigger bow, patterned after the trigger of an M1911 pistol, reduces the perceived pull weight of the triggers and gives outstanding tactile feedback and trigger control.

The SD Trigger will lighten the trigger pull relative to a standard trigger. This lightened trigger pull will make the firearm easier to discharge. You must recognize and accept this fact before installing this trigger. If you do not want a lighter than standard trigger pull or are not willing to accept responsibility for the safety of your firearm, yourself, and those around you, do not install this trigger.

I don't see any of this as saying the trigger is a competition only trigger, not safe for duty or HD.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 04-22-18 at 14:35.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I use an SD-E on my primary training/range rifle. I don't feel it is unsafe for HD or LE work. Granted, I would be concerned if someone fairly inexperienced was in a situation where they just grabbed a rifle and were expecting a GI pull.

ETA - no unwanted doubles for me. Additional ETA: I don't want to come across as saying that I think the SD-E would be suitable for general issue on a patrol rifle. I think it would be suitable for LE use in the SPM/R role.

I haven't seen anyplace on the website or in the brochure or instructions where Geissele suggests the trigger be used only for competition or hunting.

The Super Dynamic Triggers are rugged, non-adjustable combat triggers with a sear design that provides a wide margin of safety against unintentional discharges yet still gives the operator a sharp,
    repeatable trigger release. The exclusive, flat trigger bow, patterned after the trigger of an M1911 pistol, reduces the perceived pull weight of the triggers and gives outstanding tactile feedback and trigger control.

The SD Trigger will lighten the trigger pull relative to a standard trigger. This lightened trigger pull will make the firearm easier to discharge. You must recognize and accept this fact before installing this trigger. If you do not want a lighter than standard trigger pull or are not willing to accept responsibility for the safety of your firearm, yourself, and those around you, do not install this trigger.

I don't see any of this as saying the trigger is a competition only trigger, not safe for duty or HD.
    " The SD-E is ideal for use in precision Squad Designated Marksman type rifles
    where weapon accuracy and reliability are critical and a
    non-adjustable drop in trigger is desired" Also quoted from the G site. Look at Bill's trigger selector. See what's recommended for GP and LE use.. It won't be the "E" triggers. You will find them recommended for precision and target shooting. I'll stand by my statement... An E trigger is a waste of trigger for a 6920. It doesn't matter what you or I shoot. I shot 11 ounce triggers on my IPSC open pistols for years but I wouldn't recommend that for a new guy shooting a bone stock 1911.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I pulled a SSA-E from a rifle that I gave to my dad. I put a Centurion stock trigger in his and put the SSA-E in a Sionics upper mated to a Colt lower for my Fiance. So is it lost on a 6920? That depends on the shooter and probably but we can over simplify things too. any G trigger is awesome.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    SSA in primary ARs, BCM PNT in others.

I do have to be mindful going to my SCARs with the G trigger in those, as it is more equivalent to the SSA-E.
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 04-22-18 at 18:58.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    SSA in primary ARs, BCM PNT in others.

I do have to be mindful going to my SCARs with the G trigger in those, as it is more equivalent to the SSA-E.
    I do the same thing with the SSA in primary guns... BCM in the blemish gun...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Look at Bill's trigger selector. See what's recommended for GP and LE use.. It won't be the "E" triggers. You will find them recommended for precision and target shooting.

I'll stand by my statement... An E trigger is a waste of trigger for a 6920. It doesn't matter what you or I shoot. I shot 11 ounce triggers on my IPSC open pistols for years but I wouldn't recommend that for a new guy shooting a bone stock 1911.
    Two things - I'd never used the trigger selector before - hadn't seen it. And, yeah, I kind of lost track that we were talking 6920.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_247 View Post
    Try a G2S. For some applications, such as shooting from a bench, I like it a little better than my SSA, believe it or not.

My G2S has a smooth pull through the first stage, with a very distinct wall when you get to the second stage, and a very clean break, kind of glass like.

My SSA has the same smooth pull through the first stage, but the wall at the second stage isn't quite as distinct and the break is kind of carrot like, like Geissele described. It's a little easier to pull straight through compared to the G2S.

I was under the impression that the SSA and G2S were basically the same, but I'm not quite so sure this is completely true. Very, very similar, yes, but there's some difference.

That being said, I hate going back to the stock trigger now, regardless.
    I have a couple of G2S and SSA's...I can't tell the difference between the two. Very happy with both.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterHelix View Post
    My preference is the SSA on scoped rifles (target/hunting/DMR) and the ALG ACT on red dot/irons (home defense/etc)
    Ditto on the ALG ACT. Made by Gisselle it's basically milspec and 5 lb break, no grit pull, crisp clean glass break. I sold my SSA to a buddy and put these in my ar15 and ar10 with $$ left for more ammo. I don't do competitive shooting, but do hunt with these.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    SSA

/Thread

Feedback Score
    SSA (or SSF). All my lowers right now are complete BCM lowers, so they have a BCM PNT, but some will get the Geissele treatment soon.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast