Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Of The High End LPVO (UPDATE: Purchase Made)

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    I would add that part of the SpecterDR appeal is the fact that they were fielded by USSOCOM and subcomponent JSOC units and saw wide use in real-world combat applications. It maintains a decent market presence because of the collectors and guys building SOPMOD clones.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    Elcan's pricing is out to lunch. They have actually raised it last year.

While the glass is clear, the image is noticeably darker compare to the Trijicon 1-8x due to the dual prism design which cuts out a lot of light transmission.

I sold mine right away after I got the Trijicon.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    I would add that part of the SpecterDR appeal is the fact that they were fielded by USSOCOM and subcomponent JSOC units and saw wide use in real-world combat applications. It maintains a decent market presence because of the collectors and guys building SOPMOD clones.
    I would amend that to say that in 2018 it's limited commercial market presence is now due to solely clone builders and misguided souls ("it's sopmod/socom so it was and always will be good" mentality) but yeah. I forget that there are guys out there rabidly trying to source the right hose clamps for the Maglite's on their CAR15...

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Battle Of The High End LPVO

Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
    I had one for a bit myself. The glass and image were fairly crisp from what I remember...I'll give them that, but as I said we're in a different time. Optic tech moves fast.
    PB4
    Was that an issued Elcan or civilian side purchase? I’ve never heard much good and one of my friends who’s used the optic said they had an issue with some internal piece breaking, maybe the reticle? Can’t recall. But all that aside they just look heavy AF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 04-21-18 at 15:34.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    I want something that is closer to a red dot than a scope. ALL of my shooting is done at CQB distances as that's where my interest lies and where 99.9% of my shooting is happening. 100 yards would be extreme distance shooting for me. I have zero interest in shooting prone or sitting at a bench trying to group sizes that can be covered by a quarter at 1000 yards.
    You mentioned the Accupower, but have you given any thought to one of the Trijicon Accupoint 1-4 or 1-6 scopes?

I have a TR24 (1-4) with the triangle post reticle on a 14.5 carbine and really like it. The scope is light, pretty good up close, and I've had no issue shooting 3-gun targets out to around 350 yards with it. The glass is excellent and the fiber optic illuminated reticle is very bright, fast and easy to see, plus there are no batteries to change and no electronics to worry about. With a 50/200 yard zero at the tip of the triangle you have the ability to use the reticle precisely if need be, although it does lack anything in the way hash marks for wind holds or hold overs.
    Last edited by Tx_Aggie; 04-21-18 at 15:40.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    Not that I try to frequent the FaceBook world very often, but whenever I do, it seems there is always someone on a tactical gear page selling an Elcan for a fat juicy price and there is a long line of poor souls beneath that initial post saying “sent IM” “sent PM,” “Next” etc....
    I guess some guys don’t really think of the timeframe of the optic and the advances made in optics since.

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    The Trijicon TR24G (Accupoint, not accupower) is my preference for a general purpose carbine. The fiber optic illumination is plenty bright in full daylight or at dusk.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Posts 4 and 5. If you limit yourself to 4x and want top quality, your options are S&B, Nightforce and maybe USO. For less money you can get a Vortex Razor 1-6x that is better in almost every way, especially at 1x. If you don't like that, check out the new 1-8x Nightforce options.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    PB4
    Was that an issued Elcan or civilian side purchase? I’ve never heard much good and one of my friends who’s used the optic said they had an issue with some internal piece breaking, maybe the reticle? Can’t recall. But all that aside they just look heavy AF.

It was personally-owned.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I submit that the steiner p4xi would do anything you need

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast