Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSA EPT STR Complete lower issue

Feedback Score

PSA EPT STR Complete lower issue

Hey, just figured i'd throw this out there, maybe someone will be able to shed some light on this.

Brought the new lower to the range (the upper is fairly new aswell) put 70 rounds through it before I had some issues. I had a few failure to fires with one or two shots working in between before the trigger jammed up completely. I immediately noticed some shards of stone inside the lower under the trigger. I packed up and brought it home. Upon further inspection I found quite a bit more broken up stones that were under the trigger. All the pieces fit together to form a small triangle with rounded edges. This lower has the PSA's "Enhanced Polished Trigger" could this be a leftover from when they polished the trigger? This is a first for me!

I gave the lower a quick once over when I got it and did not notice anything out of the ordinary. But I am fairly new to these rifles and was probably not as thorough as I should have been.

The first shards I found at the range..

What came out later on...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    WOW. I got that exact lower about 4-5 weeks ago..have been to the range with it assembled with a 16" SS upper..no probs in 350 rounds so far. Ive never seen anything like that before..no idea what it is...but keep us posted if you contact PSA please.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It simply looks like piece of gravel/rock.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That doesn't seem quite right. Are you saying this is a PSA model that is giving you troubles? I don't think we have ever heard of PSA problems here before.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    It appears to be a sear stone. If you gather some more you can search for treasures, decode written information found on ancient golden plates, and more!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seer_s...er_Day_Saints)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm thinking a reasonable question here would be... Is there anything that looks like that in the area that you assembled the rifle that it could have gotten stuck in there? Some ranges I've gone to have had gravel everywhere, including random pieces on the benches.

I've heard it said, and completely agree, that the customer is the QC dept when it comes to budget rifles, which PSA falls into the category of. Not hating, have several PSA lowers at this point. I just never assume that they are GTG out of the box and always inspect upon arrival for oddities/problems. I've had luck so far.

I would assume that any "enhanced polishing" done would be on the bench before assembly, thus leaving polishing stone residue there, not in the lower. Could be totally wrong though.
    nothing screams napoleonic warfare more than cannons roaring in the background

Feedback Score
    Oh awesome... I just got the same lower. I had to send my upper back because it was the wrong one. I'm quickly losing faith in this company. Seems like they are growing too fast and are sacrificing quality.
    Last edited by Bproof; 04-21-18 at 23:30.

Feedback Score
    My question is why did you leave the range? You could have dumped the stones out, performed a function test, then test fired the rifle to see if the issue persists.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Doc Williams
    U.S. Army Combat Medic/Flight Medic Retired
    1987 - 2013
    Flight Medic Class 4-95

http://www.dustoff.org/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think that was a troll. The title is misleading, any moron could see that was a piece of gravel.

Although, I'm sure the usual suspects will claim PSA randomly scatters rocks about the area during QC.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Does this mean PSA is making some of their parts out of rocks now?
    Last edited by mack7.62; 04-22-18 at 12:57.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast