Hey guys,

I also posted this on 1911addicts, but I love you guys so I am also posting it here.

Hey guys,

I went to the range for the first time today -not ever, just a new range I got a membership to -and I brought along my two FEGs PJK-9HP. One of them got back from the gunsmith a while ago, but this is the first time I've gotten a chance to shoot it since I picked it up. The other I just was working on myself. I could use some help to figure out the issues before I go back to the gunsmith.

FEG #1: Gunsmith

I had this pretty much gutted as I couldn't trust how much it had been used as a surplus pistol. It has a new: Trigger (Garthwaite), Trigger Lever, Trigger Spring (Wolff Extra Power), Extractor (Cylinder & Slide), Hammer & Sear (Cylinder & Slide - Target*), New Wolff Springs all around, Wolff recoil spring is at 18.5 lbs, except the Hammer Spring which came from Cylinder & Slide and is at 21lbs, YIKES

*I didn't realize the hammer spring was so light until after I bought it and threw it in the pistol.

The malfunction was that the trigger wouldn't reset and would be dead. I couldn't pull the trigger and it wouldn't go bang. Also, I noticed that the trigger pin was walking out.

FEG#2: Me

This one is stock, but has new Wolff springs all the way around, all standard weights from the 1935 Service Pack.

This malfunction was a double feed every time. I changed to a brand new Mecgar mag and the issue persisted. I know that it simply wasn't extracting the spent case, but I don't know why as it was a brand new extractor spring in there. I pushed down on the extractor and it just wiggled like there was no resistance.

I was able to take the complete slide off of #1 and throw it on #2 and it ran perfectly. Although I realized I can't shoot for shit, but that's a side issue.

Any help would be appreciated and if you have any recommendations for a gunsmith around the Lansing area let me know too!