Thread: M&P 15-22 OOB lost extractor

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

M&P 15-22 OOB lost extractor

Had a OOB on my M&P 15-22 this afternoon. Of course, right after I sighted in my new Primary Arms RDS on it...

So my extractor and pin disappeared into the nether somewhere. I found the spring.

Anyone know where I can get a replacement assembly?

PSA:

Stay away from Remington Golden, I knew better, but I still have a bunch (normally I only use it in revolvers) but I ran out of Automatch right after sighting in and I wanted to fire a few more rounds...

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    IIRC 15-22s were banned from Appleseed shoots a few years back because of issues with firing OOB.

As for parts, I would probably start by giving S&W a call and asking them to send you a set of new parts.

If that doesn't work, it looks like Numrich has extractors in stock, but they are out of plungers at the moment:

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-man...es-sw/mp-15-22

Volquartsen and Tandem Kross are also both offering an aftermarket extractor.

Feedback Score
    When my bolt broke I contacted SW and they had me send it in. I assumed it was just a broken part, not a OOB situation. Sent it in and got it back pretty fast.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Same happened to my 15/22 years ago. Now mind you this was shortly after the 15/22 was introduced. Sent it back to S&W and they replaced extractor and installed new springs, problem solved. I shoot that thing alot and suppressed. Mind you back then when my gun came back enclosed was a letter stating if i fired ANY Remington ammo (they named every version) it would void my warranty. They letter is buried in my fireproof box to this day. I have NEVER bought Remington ammo again. Burnt up the rest in my 10/22 with many ftf .

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    That's good to know about the Remington stuff. I'm getting an mp15-22 for my son, don't need an oob.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I'll bite. What's the deal with Remington .22 ammo.

I've read the same warnings - they came with my Mk.III and my TacSol upper. So almost all I've run - for the past 8 years - are Thunderbolts, figuring, if it CAN'T hold up to this, why own it in the first place?

Never had an issue, but I've also never heard an explanation, as to why Remington was that "bad" to start with.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -