Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yeti Coolers dropping the NRA

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Yeti Coolers dropping the NRA

Oh Yeti, you done messed up. Nothing says "real bad business decision" like pissing off the demographic that made you popular.

NRA-ILA | Florida Alert: YETI Drops NRA Foundation

Suddenly, without prior notice, YETI has declined to do business with The NRA Foundation saying they no longer wish to be an NRA vendor, and refused to say why. They will only say they will no longer sell products to The NRA Foundation. That certainly isn't sportsmanlike. In fact, YETI should be ashamed. They have declined to continue helping America's young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities. These activities enable them to appreciate America and enjoy our natural resources with wholesome and healthy outdoor recreational and educational programs.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Glad I never jumped on the Yeti bandwagon.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Stop bitching at each other.

Discuss the Yeti coolers or bow out.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I own two Yeti products, I paid for neither one, they were gifts from clients.

I own two non yeti products from Walmart (Ozark Trail), pretty much equal in performance. Each of those Walmart copies cost 75% less than the over priced yeti. I tested the two products side by side with equal number of ice cubes in each cup. They all melted at pretty much the same rate.

The NRA should negotiate a deal with the competitor.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    Oh Yeti, you done messed up. Nothing says "real bad business decision" like pissing off the demographic that made you popular.
    I'm not sure that's the case at all, since it seems to me that it was the hipster demographic that popularized Yeti. Hunters and actual outdoorsmen may have been the original target demo, but these days, Yeti seems to be primarily a status symbol luxury good.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    I don’t really understand why anyone cares, there are plenty of companies that aren’t NRA sponsors but I don’t hear people crying about them. If they come out with anti gun rhetoric then you have something to complain about but this doesn’t change any opinion I have of the company. What I do know is when Hurricane Harvey hit they ran a promotion that sent 100% of the days sales (not profits, total sales) to the relief fund and that’s when I bought my big Yeti. Seems like good people to me.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    I'm not sure that's the case at all, since it seems to me that it was the hipster demographic that popularized Yeti. Hunters and actual outdoorsmen may have been the original target demo, but these days, Yeti seems to be primarily a status symbol luxury good.
    I know far more people who are pro-2A that buy Yeti (possibly as the "in" thing to do as well) because of the rugged construction and ability for long term cold storage than the hipster crowd that buys them for a status symbol. I agree it's kind of like buying an Escalade or BMW, but for real use? Outdoorsmen and women tend to use them.

It's easy to buy the sticker and slap in on your bumper. Little harder to buy the cooler that goes along with it. Point being is the loss of sales from the outdoors crowd will not be made up by the social justice mob that cheers them on. They won't go buy a Yeti cooler to support them. They'll cheer all day long on Facebook or Twitter and forget about it when Yeti starts to falter because Wally World or RTIC or Orca pick up the slack at significantly reduced prices.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I own two Yeti products, I paid for neither one, they were gifts from clients.

I own two non yeti products from Walmart (Ozark Trail), pretty much equal in performance. Each of those Walmart copies cost 75% less than the over priced yeti. I tested the two products side by side with equal number of ice cubes in each cup. They all melted at pretty much the same rate.

The NRA should negotiate a deal with the competitor.
    Ding! Ding! Ding!
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    The hipster crowd is more of a tumbler and small day cooler purchase group, not a Tundra 350 purchase group.

Hunters and outdoorsman are buying the big boys.

This will likely hurt them.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    We should care because they now refuse to sell products to the NRA Foundation while continuing to sell products to other organizations. This is blatant discrimination based on the NRA advocating for the second amendment. While I have one Yeti cooler and one tumbler which were gifts, I will not be buying Yeti products in the future.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast