Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Yeti Coolers dropping the NRA

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    Anyone care to read Yeti’s official response? Given the track record of the NRA lately I’m surprised anyone would blindly follow them without question.

I’ll keep my Yeti’s.

Would you look at that, I’m shocked that a bunch of right wing snowflakes got their panties in a twist over a perceived slight that never was

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This whole mess originated with Marion Hammer.. https://www.nraila.org/articles/2018...nra-foundation She represents everything that is wrong with the NRA board today.

Despite my last comment on this subject, which I will leave unedited, I think Yeti might be in the right on this one. As noted earlier, I have knowledge of the FNRA process, and as such I know that many manufacturers drop out of supplying the NRA Foundation (FNRA). It is always a business decision. I could list a dozen companies that used to supply us, but now don't. All those companies still support the 2nd Amendment. The NRA ILA pulled a bullshit move posting that letter on a Saturday. I have no idea how big of a company YETI is, but I bet they had zero clue they were going to get blindsided like this and their social media person was probably enjoying a nice day off.

I started the day pissed at YETI, and ended the day pissed at Marion Hammer and the NRA. I would love to see YETI's official notification to the NRA (and the other 300 groups they gave deals to).. that would clear up a bunch of this.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skywalkrNCSU View Post
    Would you look at that, I’m shocked that a bunch of right wing snowflakes got their panties in a twist over a perceived slight that never was
    I'm with you most of the time, but not this one. Read the NRA ILA Florida Alert. I'm sorry, but I don't think it is unreasonable that this alert, combined with all the other businesses dropping the NRA, would cause NRA member to get worked up.

Once YETI's response is circulated I'm sure we shall see a more appropriate stance from most members.

BTW: If it wasn't for Christmas or Birthdays I wouldn't have anything YETI. I think it is sad, or maybe an indicator of my worth to friends and family, that no one has bought me a cooler.

Feedback Score
    Yeti may also be trying to backtrack. The backlash to their letter to the NRA has been very strong on social media, especially Twitter. In addition Yeti's competitors are making the most of the situation:

http://sellingthesecondamendment.com...ers-loves-nra/
    Last edited by horseman234; 04-24-18 at 06:43.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Very easy for yeti to clean this up...

Just come out with a position that they support the 2nd and the work of the NRA.

The 1st item should be easy. The NRA item might be more contentious.

Given other entities have indicated it would be easy to interpret the Yeti letter as a removal of support, I'm not ready to give yeti a pass. Nor do I think they have to swear allegence to be the NRA, but it would really clear things up.

Remember, the NRA did not initiate this, yeti did with a letter. Given timing and recent events, it's not unreasonable to doubt yeti's intent/motives.

I'll support the company that leaves no ambiguity on where they stand.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I'm with you most of the time, but not this one. Read the NRA ILA Florida Alert. I'm sorry, but I don't think it is unreasonable that this alert, combined with all the other businesses dropping the NRA, would cause NRA member to get worked up.

Once YETI's response is circulated I'm sure we shall see a more appropriate stance from most members.

BTW: If it wasn't for Christmas or Birthdays I wouldn't have anything YETI. I think it is sad, or maybe an indicator of my worth to friends and family, that no one has bought me a cooler.
    I disagree, the way the NRA responded was childish and something I would expect out of a liberal group that found out someone accidentally used the wrong pronoun. Instead of clarifying the issue, which would have lead to an understanding that this was not targeting the NRA and that Yeti was offering an alternative to what they previously offered, they decided to cry for attention that the poor NRA has been attacked by gun hating cool beverage enthusiasts. Then you have the mouth breathing morons blowing up $500 coolers, probably the dumbest of all of the reactions.

This immediate backlash culture that we live in where we must feel outraged before finding out all the facts is maddening and it is exactly what is described when someone is called a snowflake and the NRA, along with the people who participated in the outrage, are guilty of that now. The NRA is who chose to mischaracterize and sensationalize what really amounts to a non story and that is pathetic to me.

Also, like you my Yeti tumbler was a gift but I did purchase the Tundra 105 cooler back when they ran a promotion where 100% of the sales went to Hurricane Harvey victims. Normally I would have bought a cheaper one but I liked how they were doing something for their community.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    Very easy for yeti to clean this up...

Just come out with a position that they support the 2nd and the work of the NRA.

The 1st item should be easy. The NRA item might be more contentious.

Given other entities have indicated it would be easy to interpret the Yeti letter as a removal of support, I'm not ready to give yeti a pass. Nor do I think they have to swear allegence to be the NRA, but it would really clear things up.

Remember, the NRA did not initiate this, yeti did with a letter. Given timing and recent events, it's not unreasonable to doubt yeti's intent/motives.

I'll support the company that leaves no ambiguity on where they stand.
    Yeti did not initiate this at all, they sent a letter that the NRA mischaracterized, sensationalized, and made public in an attempt to get attention without clarifying with Yeti first. Also, their official statement says very clearly that they are offering an alternative program for the NRA foundation and this was explained in the initial statement. Finally, in the official statement they plainly stated that they are “unwavering in our belief and commitment to the Constitution of the United States and its Second Amendment.”

Seems pretty unambiguous to me.

Feedback Score
    Without seeing the actual letter that was sent, it is hard to evaluate whether it was reasonable for the NRA to assume that they were being singled out. I will agree that the NRA is in error if they were offered an alternative program.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    There's far too much stupidity going around these days.

After all the February idiocy, it's quite easy to make people think that anything touching on the NRA is a political statement. And it appears that the NRA exploited that mindset here for their selfish purposes.

I have zero issue with any company adding/dropping a membership discount for purely commercial reasons. But if they do it as a political F-you, I will remember names.

It looks like Yeti has come out clearly as supporting 2A, this makes the NRA look pretty dumb. I don't think Yeti needs to do any more. If they choose to do any more, I'd suggest they provide a discount to members of GOA or some other non-NRA group, I don't see why they would want to do anything to help the NRA out if their side of the story is accurate. But I won't hold it against Yeti if they exactly nothing further on this topic.

Feedback Score
    Do these people talk? it seems to me, that in light of the attacks on NRAs business network, that someone at YETI could pick up the phone and give a heads up? The reverse is true. Did the NRA just go off the letter and not do a WTF call to YETI? Especially right after the Waffle House attack, I could see the NRA thinking that this was the start of the next wave of diss-es.

The NRA may be dumbasses and YETI may be backtracking. Both may be in the wrong, or at least not in the right- and definitely tone deaf.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast