Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Yeti Coolers dropping the NRA

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    We see the hunting and 2A as some how related and interchangeable all the time, and that's how it reads. If that's not their intent, some improved wording may be in order for the many people out there who get irritated fast when they see the what, on the surface, appears the classic connecting of hunting and outdoor like to the 2A. Obviously the move by Yeti is connected to the recent fluff up vs coincidence of policy, and that's what's irking people.
    That’s how it reads to you because that’s how you want it to read. It also mentions anglers which has nothing to do with firearms so I’m not sure how that statement conflates hunting and the 2A as interchangeable. I don’t understand why people want to be offended so badly that they always assume the worst intent. Also, it is not obvious that this is connected to a recent “fluff up” since nothing in the way Yeti has described things indicates such and their statement sounds rather rational and not targeting the NRA yet that’s how the NRA wanted to play it as they love being the victim.

Out of the statements released by these two groups, one appears professional and the other appears like that of a petulant child. This type of reaction by the NRA and some of its members is downright embarrassing and not the image we should strive for as gun owners.
    Last edited by skywalkrNCSU; 04-26-18 at 11:02.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skywalkrNCSU View Post
    That’s how it reads to you because that’s how you want it to read. It also mentions anglers which has nothing to do with firearms so I’m not sure how that statement conflates hunting and the 2A as interchangeable. I don’t understand why people want to be offended so badly that they always assume the worst intent. Also, it is not obvious that this is connected to a recent “fluff up” since nothing in the way Yeti has described things indicates such and their statement sounds rather rational and not targeting the NRA yet that’s how the NRA wanted to play it as they love being the victim.

Out of the statements released by these two groups, one appears professional and the other appears like that of a petulant child. This type of reaction by the NRA and some of its members is downright embarrassing and not the image we should strive for as gun owners.
    We are all pre conditioned to see what we expect to see based on prior experiences, so yes, that's true. I do a generally good job of not allowing first response/impression to lead my responses. I'm not personally "offended" by any of it, would not throw out a cooler, etc, so maybe it's you doing the projecting here. I stand by the fact this move on their part is not coincidental to recent events, and they decided to play it safe. Yes, the NRA likes to play the victim, but that too is easy to do when you are in fact usually the victim and the NRA is being blamed for virtually everything happening out there. Still waiting for someone to blame the NRA for the van event in Canada.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    We are all pre conditioned to see what we expect to see based on prior experiences, so yes, that's true. I do a generally good job of not allowing first response/impression to lead my responses. I'm not personally "offended" by any of it, would not throw out a cooler, etc, so maybe it's you doing the projecting here. I stand by the fact this move on their part is not coincidental to recent events, and they decided to play it safe. Yes, the NRA likes to play the victim, but that too is easy to do when you are in fact usually the victim and the NRA is being blamed for virtually everything happening out there. Still waiting for someone to blame the NRA for the van event in Canada.
    I mean, you literally responded to this thread with:

I stopped reading at the first point where they confuse the 2A as having anything to do with hunting. F em.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I mean, you literally responded to this thread with:
    Because how it reads to anyone seeing the common mistake of equating hunting with the 2A, that's how it reads if one (see comment on pre conditioning...) one reads it. I may be wrong, but to repeat, " ...is not coincidental to recent events, and they decided to play it safe."
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don’t understand why people want to be offended so badly that they always assume the worst intent....

yet that’s how the NRA wanted to play it as they love being the victim.
    I'm waiting for both to further clarify what happened before making up my mind. You are free to assume the worst intent.

The NRA should have released more details, and probably after getting a bit more clarity from Yeti.

But Yeti did not clearly refute the points made below by saying they will still ship to the foundation.

"In early March, YETI refused to place a previously negotiated order from NRA-ILA, citing “recent events” as the reason – a clear reference to the tragedy in Parkland, Florida. YETI then delivered notice to the NRA Foundation that it was terminating a 7-year agreement and demanded that the NRA remove the YETI name and logo from all NRA digital assets, as well as refrain from using any YETI trademarks in future print material. While YETI is trying to spin the story otherwise, those are the facts."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post

"In early March, YETI refused to place a previously negotiated order from NRA-ILA, citing “recent events” as the reason – a clear reference to the tragedy in Parkland, Florida. YETI then delivered notice to the NRA Foundation that it was terminating a 7-year agreement and demanded that the NRA remove the YETI name and logo from all NRA digital assets, as well as refrain from using any YETI trademarks in future print material. While YETI is trying to spin the story otherwise, those are the facts."
    To which Yeti went into full back peddle mode after they received some heat. To repeat, f em.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    To which Yeti went into full back peddle mode after they received some heat. To repeat, f em.
    It was a private business decision. YETI did not take to the airways, the NRA did.

Did YETI virtue signal by saying anything publicly about how they 'dropped their relationship with the NRA, based on the incident in Parkland FLorida, which struck at the very fabric of the SJW's who, in reality, make up most of our customer base....'

Look at it from that perspective - how many other businesses have made it very clear they are not selling those evil black rifles anymore, or that they have severed business ties with the NRA?

But YETI didn't do that. And that would have made more business sense, considering the demographics of those who purchase the bulk of YETI products.

YETI's claims about order fulfillment, etc. should be very easy to verify. IMO, the NRA, specifically Marion Hammer, is hollering 'Wolf!' once to often on this deal.

And as for your complaint regarding confusing 2A with hunting - do you think that Orca, Pelican, and RTIC are all about the people of the militia, or about virtue signalling for sales? I don't know, but ORCA doesn't indicate they get it either:

Message from our owner:

Good Afternoon ORCA Nation,

We’ve gotten a lot of questions about ORCA’s stance on the 2nd Amendment, so I wanted to set the record straight. I often think bigger companies forget what got them there. ORCA will always support our 2nd Amendment rights- period. Our roots have always been with the outdoor industry - hunting, fishing, camping and enjoying our tailgates at sporting events. Our coolers are Made In The USA and we’re very proud of that. Rest assured, we will continue to support our customers, our constitution and our great country.

I see a lot of folks who say they support the 1st, 2nd, and 4th, in particular, who don't have a frickin' clue.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 04-26-18 at 13:42.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    IMO, the NRA, specifically Marion Hammer, is hollering 'Wolf!' once to often on this deal.
    That may be true. Or Yeti tried to sit on the fence and hoped nobody would see them up there.

Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    YETI's claims about order fulfillment, etc. should be very easy to verify.
    Sure, but what are you going to do with them if this is true?

"demanded that the NRA remove the YETI name and logo from all NRA digital assets, as well as refrain from using any YETI trademarks in future print material"

I guess the NRA could still sell them in all their B&M stores...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    We're writing in response to your recent email inquiry.

A few weeks ago, YETI notified the NRA Foundation, as well as a number of other organizations, that we were eliminating a group of outdated discounting programs. When we notified the NRA Foundation and the other organizations of this change, YETI explained that we were offering them an alternative customization program broadly available to consumers and organizations, including the NRA Foundation. These facts directly contradict the inaccurate statement the NRA-ILA distributed on April 20.

Further, the NRA-ILA stated in that same public communication that "[YETI has] declined to continue helping America's young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities." Nothing is further from the truth. YETI was founded more than 10 years ago with a passion for the outdoors, and over the course of our history we have actively and enthusiastically supported hunters, anglers and the broader outdoor community. We have been devoted to and will continue to directly support causes tied to our passion for the outdoors, including by working with many organizations that promote conservation and management of wildlife resources and habitat restoration. From our website to our film footage and from our social media posts to our ambassadors, YETI has always prominently featured hunters pursuing their passions. Moreover, YETI is unwavering in our belief in and commitment to the Constitution of the United States and its Second Amendment.

Thanks for reaching out to YETI.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Was Yeti at the NRA Convention?

If not have they gone before?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast