Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: On bipods...

Feedback Score

On bipods...

When it comes to bipods, Harris seems to be a quality, go-to brand for a lot of folks. Any other brands that would be recommended as far as overall quality/durability?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Atlas.
    Atlas is THE quality bipod. Pricey though. When you factor price/quality equation, it's really hard to beat Harris which is why they're so popular.

Full disclosure, I run Harris and Atlas.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Skeptical on Atlas until I found it has a lot more levels of adjustment and usage.

I have 3 harris and 1 atlas for my rifles and what I have found is more room to go lower and higher.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Accu-tac makes an outstanding, high quality bipod. Their bipods are milled out of aircraft grade billet aluminum. They're not cheap though.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    The Harris is fast to deploy and stow.

Atlas is slower (and needs two hands) to get the legs to move.

For prone shooting, I like the Sinclair Tactical Bipod:

Attachment 51681

I still feel like we are on the cusp of some huge evolution in shooting gear that leads to an integration of chassis, bipod and tripod all into a systemized approach.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Atlas.

Spendy, but that’s why I have in on an ADM QD mount.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    Knights Armament makes a good bipod as well as GG&G. And as every one has said, Atlas.

Here is a good Atlas vs. GG&G video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTrfzNP-i3g

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I've used both Atlas and Harris bipods over the years. The Atlas seems like a much improved product over the harris which seems very dated. Importantly, I find the Atlas (with the non-rotating feet) easier to more consistently load, or maybe better stated as my inconsistent loading isn't transferred to the bullet as much.

The KAC bipod is interesting, and had it been in stock when I bought my Atlas I probably would have went that route.

I think deployment speed is a moot point. That's a task you should be doing while doing something else. IE, as you get into position you are deploying your bipod. Not a step to be preformed in a sequence of steps, ie get into position then deploy bipod.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I started a thread on this about a year ago, short answer is that Atlas and Harris are both good but the former is superior, if you're ok with the price. I ended up getting the Atlas and it is very nice, but is more tedious than I expected without the QD mount. As a cheaper solution to that, I bought a KDG rail section which is also pretty solid.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    I have a few sizes of Harris bi-pods. The Atlas are great but when you look at carrying a rifle with the added weight for days on end the harris wins out. Yes the harris is a flex flier but it does get the job done.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast