Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tac LE vs Georgia protesters

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Tac LE vs Georgia protesters

As always, vids do not give us the full story and are out of context, but this vid from Georgia protesters. This one getting lots of "f the police" to "good job boys" comments

Right at the beginning, is he pointing his AR straight into the crowed? Can't quite make out what that is. Bean bag gun perhaps? Also, look at 1.55 of vid. That's an AR and it's sweeping people hard and intentionally. Not my area of expertise, but some threat or perceived threat, would need to exist justify it to be pointing it in that manner no? Also, arrested for masking laws in a public

I have no empathy for those idiots chanting "hands up don't shoot" (a reference to that criminal Brown who was a POS) but those boys were more tactical ready than riot control it appears. I'm an LE/mil supporting SOB, but that vid made me uncomfortable to watch as a citizen. I fully understand the need for a full crew of meat eaters on hand should someone decide to go full retard, but that seemed out of context. Am I missing something? What does the BTDT LE say here?

See:

https://www.facebook.com/smashthesta...omment_mention
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'd like to see the whole story myself. I only watched a minute or so, but only saw one officer with a 37/40mm there.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnkey11 View Post
    I'd like to see the whole story myself. I only watched a minute or so, but only saw one officer with a 37/40mm there.
    Did you look at 1:55 of vid? Perhaps there intel that this crowd may have had firearms? I also did not know mask laws existed. Private property, they make the rules, but people can't wear a mask in public places? There's been plenty of times in history where a mask - and countries to this day - was all that stood between people and a talk with the secret police. I would have expected the ACLU to go bonkers over that. I'm conflicted over that one:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/26/u...asks-laws.html
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Too many tactical Timmy’s. The Chicago area handles this kind of shit the best. Cops in soft uniforms and patrol caps at the curb. Riot cops in support. SWAT guys out of sight until it goes sideways.

And the beat and riot cops carry hickory sticks. Shields and helmets for the riot cops. NO long guns out at all until things get violent. And around here, the cops are pretty disciplined, won’t clip someone up until really needed to keep the crowd from getting more riled up. But when they do, it’s lightning quick and they disappear from the scene fast. They don’t leave cuffed people in sight to be martyrs, they at least move them around the corner out of sight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by just a scout View Post
    Too many tactical Timmy’s. The Chicago area handles this kind of shit the best. Cops in soft uniforms and patrol caps at the curb. Riot cops in support. SWAT guys out of sight until it goes sideways.

And the beat and riot cops carry hickory sticks. Shields and helmets for the riot cops. NO long guns out at all until things get violent. And around here, the cops are pretty disciplined, won’t clip someone up until really needed to keep the crowd from getting more riled up. But when they do, it’s lightning quick and they disappear from the scene fast. They don’t leave cuffed people in sight to be martyrs, they at least move them around the corner out of sight.
    Also, at least to me, how those firearms from that tac team were wielding those long guns to drive people back and such. I'd like to know the full story on that.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    I just don't get the whole thing. Why there? On a side street, was it in front of some specific persons house? That is a long line to manage. I understand that most of the kit may be mil-surp, but for stuff like this, the full tactical load out and two APCs seems a bit much
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    I just don't get the whole thing. Why there? On a side street, was it in front of some specific persons house? That is a long line to manage. I understand that most of the kit may be mil-surp, but for stuff like this, the full tactical load out and two APCs seems a bit much
    Some of those guys could hardly move. Maybe the regulars had their hands full and they tac guys called in to fill a gap? I don't think there was a huge turn out for this, on either side and they were effectively separated from each other. GA was taking no chances on this one:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ies/538857002/
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Don't have both sides, but they sure did a good job of making martyrs out of this crowd.

The whole masks things has me sideways. I think that if they want to stand so vehemently for something, aggro some bystanders with your rhetoric, and claim to be making the world a better place, what's the need to cover your face?

It's this wishy-washy: "I Wanna Stand For Something, but Don't Want The Hate From the Interwebs Cause Muh Face" is ridiculous.

I was at a pro-gun rally this year already. I was featured in a news article with my face, name, and all. I stood for something I care about strongly, you lose the meaning behind that when the base doesn't really wanna accept any consequences for what they believe in.

Overall, that rifle brandishing was a bit unneeded, but they did have multiple hands on contacts that officers were entering the crowds. Maybe that was their SOP? Either way, the whole rifle brandishing had more people falling over and pushing others back into the bushes than it seemed to help for crowd control.

My guess though: These may be guys around a corner. I don't think this is the main set of protestors. I mean, where were the demonstrators they were there to protest? My guess, these guys were close, but mostly out of sight. Bad stationing set them up to be by a line of protesters as they were.

In the current environment, I wouldn't be surprised if protesters moved from the main demonstration area to target these officers for "Protecting Nazis".

That pisses me off the most: No, dumbasses. They're protecting the constitution they swore to protect. You know, the #1. Agree or Disagree, "Nazi" asshats can make fools of themselves all day; tis their American right to free speech.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    Don't have both sides, but they sure did a good job of making martyrs out of this crowd.

The whole masks things has me sideways. I think that if they want to stand so vehemently for something, aggro some bystanders with your rhetoric, and claim to be making the world a better place, what's the need to cover your face?

It's this wishy-washy: "I Wanna Stand For Something, but Don't Want The Hate From the Interwebs Cause Muh Face" is ridiculous.

I was at a pro-gun rally this year already. I was featured in a news article with my face, name, and all. I stood for something I care about strongly, you lose the meaning behind that when the base doesn't really wanna accept any consequences for what they believe in.

Overall, that rifle brandishing was a bit unneeded, but they did have multiple hands on contacts that officers were entering the crowds. Maybe that was their SOP? Either way, the whole rifle brandishing had more people falling over and pushing others back into the bushes than it seemed to help for crowd control.

My guess though: These may be guys around a corner. I don't think this is the main set of protestors. I mean, where were the demonstrators they were there to protest? My guess, these guys were close, but mostly out of sight. Bad stationing set them up to be by a line of protesters as they were.

In the current environment, I wouldn't be surprised if protesters moved from the main demonstration area to target these officers for "Protecting Nazis".

That pisses me off the most: No, dumbasses. They're protecting the constitution they swore to protect. You know, the #1. Agree or Disagree, "Nazi" asshats can make fools of themselves all day; tis their American right to free speech.
    I'd be surprised if driving a crowed back by sweeping them with a long gun is SOP in any PD. I asked an experienced LEO pal of mine and his response was "No --- you never point a lethal gun barrel unless you can justify it and I see nothing there"

Again, we don't know the back story of why they were there and other factors, but that vid gives the anti LE types ammo (no pun intended) and and that's not what LE needs.

Minus the details, as a citizen, not comfortable with what I saw. Today it's those idiot Anti Fa chit heads, tomorrow it's you at your next pro gun rally, etc.

LE safety is always a factor, but there's a balance to be struck.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    That's interesting...

Never point a weapon at anything you do not intend to destroy. Do they intend to destroy protestors? The long guns, and maybe those specific cops, werent the right tool for that job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast