Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Installation of the KDG FDE MREX Rail 6.5" on my FN SCAR 17 blk 16.5"

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    You can replace the gas port grommets, FN just uses one of the larger diameter ones so it's more reliable with a wider range of ammunition. It's not a bad system but I'd prefer one that is externally adjustable. As far as canted screws on the rear trunnion bracket, there's no way around it- they basically fudged the design. They should have had inserts that go through the trunnion bracket and then through the receiver itself while running the machine screws through into the insert. That way the insert binds the bracket to the receiver and the torx screw only serve to keep the insert from backing out.
    Completely agree. It is the weak link in the system.

Having the upper be the serialized part does not help. FN's non-existent customer service also doesn't help. There is way too many do's and don't's that are verbal about that gun from some FN rep at some show or from my best friend sisters boyfriend that knows an FN rep that are not in the manual.

I have been told that the issue does not exist in the military rifle.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Completely agree. It is the weak link in the system.

Having the upper be the serialized part does not help. FN's non-existent customer service also doesn't help. There is way too many do's and don't's that are verbal about that gun from some FN rep at some show or from my best friend sisters boyfriend that knows an FN rep that are not in the manual.

I have been told that the issue does not exist in the military rifle.

It's a crap design. Went back to FAL's after selling mine off. What I stated is the fix however.

Feedback Score
    thank you for you're honest opinion it's important to talk about these issues.

Best regards[/QUOTE]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12