Thread: Hiperfire trigger safety match up

Feedback Score

Hiperfire trigger safety match up

I installed a Hiperfire 24 3g trigger into an AR I'm working on. I'm wanting to add a short throw safety as well, but am wondering if anyone has specific experience with short throw safeties to know which will match up and workwith the Hiperfire 24 3g trigger.

Thanks y'all.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I bought one for testing back in 2013 or so, it works well with the BAD-ASS-ST, I only recently removed it and replaced it with a Geissele SSP. Way too many parts on the 24 3G trigger. It is very crisp and has given me years of reliable service, I think the extra springs and the bars required to install the springs are probably unnecessary.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    I bought one for testing back in 2013 or so, it works well with the BAD-ASS-ST, I only recently removed it and replaced it with a Geissele SSP. Way too many parts on the 24 3G trigger. It is very crisp and has given me years of reliable service, I think the extra springs and the bars required to install the springs are probably unnecessary.
    For what it's worth, I installed a Geissele SSP in my other rifle. In a test run of 12 rounds, I had one misfire. Light struck the primer. I put the round back in and it went off with no issue.

I love how that trigger feels, but unless I can solve the light strike issue, it's worth nothing to me in a competition rifle.

Thanks for the tip on the safety.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The light strike issue is ostensibly the reason for extra springs in the Hiperfire 3G trigger. When I felt the SSP, I was like wow, but I suspected it felt the same as the Hiperfire, and they are indeed very similar.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    The light strike issue is ostensibly the reason for extra springs in the Hiperfire 3G trigger. When I felt the SSP, I was like wow, but I suspected it felt the same as the Hiperfire, and they are indeed very similar.
    I think in general that’s Hiperfire’s niche - hard hammer strike with light trigger pull. Normally they do not come part in parcel. I can say where I’ve had light primer strikes on some of my 3.5 triggers, I’ve never had a light primer strike with my EDT triggers. Odf course that’s not one of their 24 series comp triggers, but I think the tech is the same or similar and is shared across models. At least that’s the advert blurb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams