Thread: My rifle 8 years later

Feedback Score

My rifle 8 years later

About 8 years ago, I built a lower with a DPMS stripped lower and BM parts kit. Put an LMT complete upper on it with KAC rails and iron sight. I figured, I at least wanted to put more quality into the upper but always wanted a better quality lower assembly. I don't shoot a lot but after 3 deployments to Iraq, I know that I want the same quality or very near a Colt. At the time I didn't have a lot of money to just go buy what I wanted. I was also collecting other types of guns at the time, then went through a divorce, and lost most of them. It had iron sights for years because I didn't have $400+ for a sight and wasn't going to put a $99 Wal-Mart sight on it. Last year, I decided to get a Sig Romeo 5. For the money I love the sight. I shot and 8 point buck last demember with it. Shot in the jugular vein at a 100 yards. Dead right there. Its not the best sight but for now, it's good to go. I would like to put an ACOG on it but that's a lot of money. But finally making it into the rifle I wanted in the first place. Yesterday, I bought a complete BCM lower. So now it's a LMT upper on a BCM lower. Now if I get an ACOG, I think it will be the rifle I envisioned 8 years ago.20180424_200141.jpg
    Last edited by e z money; 04-24-18 at 20:42.

Feedback Score
    Not sure if this deserves its own thread, but I admire the perseverance. Know whats good enough for your uses to get by.

It took me 5 years to build my upper (in college at the time). It may be a KAC wannabe, but it took 5 years, and its quality parts, like yours, so I can appreciate that. Letus know how it runs.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Everyone has needs and wants. Sounds like you are grounded with a solid understanding of that and to buy quality. Take your time and save to get what works for you