Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steiner P4xi.....mini review

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thanks for the review
    Have you compared to the VX6 1-6 Leupold Multigun firedot? (Not the HD)

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I haven’t had any brightness issues with mine. And the sun here can get pretty bright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My Steiner P4xi's dot is extremely bright. Like Aimpoint bright and easily seen during bright SoCal days. You should get in touch with Steiner and get it fixed.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Little mini review for anyone considering the Steiner P4xi.

I did a lot of research prior to purchasing this*optic and the reviews were all favorable......just not sure why.

Let me preface by saying I own several 1-4, 1-6 and even 1-8*power*optics. They are my favorite flavor of magnified*optics.

So, the Steiner:*
    Pros:*
    Glass- Crystal clear from side to side....Leupold clear!*
    Intensity Dial- Works well and the OFF between each is a nice feature.*
    Body- Seems very sturdy and has held up to 1400+*rounds*of*308*Win (AR10) and around 1200*5.56 rounds in 2 separate classes.
    I had no issues with loss of zero even when removing and then placing back on the rifle.

Cons:*
    Hash marks- They are not well defined...almost unuseable*
    Red Dot- Advertised as daylight bright.....definitely not, its barely useable in mid morning sun or mid afternoon.*
    Windage/Elevation Dials- Awful, you really have to*watch*your marks. There is almost no deliniation when turning.

Overall, its ok, but my*Vortex*Strike Eagle which cost $200 less is a better*optic*in my opinion. My*Vortex*PST, which is in the same price*range*is FAR better in every way.

Anyway, there is my .02

im actually sending it in for repair. hopefully itll get corrected
    Be of good cheer, you men of Valor.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My dot is definitely daylight bright and thats midwest cornfield daylight too. As for the dial clicks, This isn't a scope you change often, they work well enough to set your zero without issue and stay where they're supposed to. My p4xi is going on my duty rifle at next rifle qual and its a scope I will be most likely buying a second of to replace my Aimpoint Pro.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    My dot is daylight bright as well here in Northern Idaho. I am around 1500 rounds with it on my RECCE build and I have no complaints thus far, but I will keep vetting it out until it quits. I have had it slide off a bench twice at the range and hit he concrete with no zero shift or more than cosmetic damage. At this point I am very happy with it.

Saying the strike eagle is a better optic however is a giant stretch, I helped properly zero a strike eagle on my friends SBR so I have a few hundred rounds behind it, But I'm not a fan of using a giant BDC reticle either YMMV.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I disagree entirely but that's what makes the world go 'round.

I'm in central AZ with intense sunlight 360 days a year and I can still see my dot illuminated against *white* targets... did you try swapping batteries before contacting Steiner?

Turrets could be better but they are not a major factor in a LPVO like this. Mine are certainly tactile enough for zeroing purposes and track accurately.

The P4Xi is by far the best LPVO in the $500 range as far as I am concerned, only second in the sub-$1,000 category to the PST Gen II when it comes to speed, dot intensity, optical clarity and it is as close to true 1x as I have found on low power. I had two Strike Eagles and found them both to be FAR inferior to the Steiner in every single way, but to each their own.

The BDC hashmarks are extremely usable and quite accurate without cluttering the sight picture and I have no issues whatsoever engaging 18" steel to 600 yards with an 11.5" BCM using the P4Xi (see below). Again, YMMV.

Last edited by 0uTkAsT; 04-25-18 at 13:43.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Either you need new batteries or your scope needs repair. I use one for my patrol rifle here in Phoenix and it’s easily Aimpoint level daylight bright.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Slightly off topic @0uTkAsT
    Can you pm your suppressor 11.5 setup details?

Quote Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
    I disagree entirely but that's what makes the world go 'round.

I'm in central AZ with intense sunlight 360 days a year and I can still see my dot illuminated against *white* targets... did you try swapping batteries before contacting Steiner?

Turrets could be better but they are not a major factor in a LPVO like this. Mine are certainly tactile enough for zeroing purposes and track accurately.

The P4Xi is by far the best LPVO in the $500 range as far as I am concerned, only second in the sub-$1,000 category to the PST Gen II when it comes to speed, dot intensity, optical clarity and it is as close to true 1x as I have found on low power. I had two Strike Eagles and found them both to be FAR inferior to the Steiner in every single way, but to each their own.

The BDC hashmarks are extremely usable and quite accurate without cluttering the sight picture and I have no issues whatsoever engaging 18" steel to 600 yards with an 11.5" BCM using the P4Xi (see below). Again, YMMV.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast