Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steiner P4xi.....mini review

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Mine broke internally also, but they fixed it right quick. That being said, there's always a percentage of stuff that is going to bite it. I'm willing to give Steiner a shot. I know a guy who worked for a high end scope company and their return rate was 30%. So will see.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Slippers had front row seat to my Steiner experience. The joy of acquiring a fine German/American made optic. The optimism, despite early reports of QC issues. The confusion, the "it can't be!" Outright denial upon discovering saggy seals in my view through the tube (components, not elderly frogmen). The brief anger, and then joy as DSG accepted the optic back in exchange (along with another chunk of cash, of course) for the optic Will said I'd find myself much happier with. The gratitude of learning the lesson having a good outcome. Reviews now have a much smaller weight than a trusted voice. Thanks man!

I'm glad Steiner got their assembly issues sorted, but with my luck, I'd still be one of those 0.5%ers, so I'm happy to buy based on the advice of some trusted voices going forward, or just shovel out the cash for known, good stuff up front. If it seems too good to 2nd true at the price point you're looking at, it just is.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Slippers had front row seat to my Steiner experience. The joy of acquiring a fine German/American made optic. The optimism, despite early reports of QC issues. The confusion, the "it can't be!" Outright denial upon discovering saggy seals in my view through the tube (components, not elderly frogmen). The brief anger, and then joy as DSG accepted the optic back in exchange (along with another chunk of cash, of course) for the optic Will said I'd find myself much happier with. The gratitude of learning the lesson having a good outcome. Reviews now have a much smaller weight than a trusted voice. Thanks man!

I'm glad Steiner got their assembly issues sorted, but with my luck, I'd still be one of those 0.5%ers, so I'm happy to buy based on the advice of some trusted voices going forward, or just shovel out the cash for known, good stuff up front. If it seems too good to 2nd true at the price point you're looking at, it just is.
    When did you buy your p4xi?
    What optic did you end up with?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow93 View Post
    My dot is definitely daylight bright and thats midwest cornfield daylight too. As for the dial clicks, This isn't a scope you change often, they work well enough to set your zero without issue and stay where they're supposed to. My p4xi is going on my duty rifle at next rifle qual and its a scope I will be most likely buying a second of to replace my Aimpoint Pro.
    Mine is as well. Very bright.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    When did you buy your p4xi?
    What optic did you end up with?
    I bought that Steiner maybe 2 years ago. They hadn't been on the market very long. I replaced it with a Trijicon Accu Power 1-4x.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    I bought that Steiner maybe 2 years ago. They hadn't been on the market very long. I replaced it with a Trijicon Accu Power 1-4x.
    Funny, I just sent my Accupower back to Trijicon for the 3rd time in 4 years and now I am looking for something else and the Steiner is on the short list. It was something came loose on the first one on the inside which I truly think was a one off situation. The next 2 have had illumination issues with flickering as if the contacts are not making a solid connection. I suppose everything breaks and I am in general one unlucky guy. To Trijicons credit they have been making it right.
    Last edited by stank; 04-26-18 at 17:44.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I'll join the bandwagon here on the PX4i...had it out yesterday on a bright Texas day. Dot was plenty bright. The "fineness" of the reticle I suppose is somewhat preference, but I have been successful using this optic from 5 yards to 300 yards. BDC reticle was dead on at 300 yards (C zone IPSC steel target) with 62 grain bullets. My $.02.

NC

Feedback Score
    I had mine out in the Utah desert (first trip) and have to agree with the "Aimpoint bright" comparison.

Now I just need to get some flip up caps for it.
    NRA & GOA - Join the fight!

Feedback Score
    Ordered mine today from B&H Photo after my Burris RT6 crapped the bed. Interested to see how they compare for general use and local 3 gun matches....

Has anyone sighted in your Px4i at 100 yards? Wondering how the bdc would work at distance.....
    Last edited by FLICK; 05-01-18 at 14:53.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLICK View Post
    Ordered mine today from B&H Photo after my Burris RT6 crapped the bed. Interested to see how they compare for general use and local 3 gun matches....

Has anyone sighted in your Px4i at 100 yards? Wondering how the bdc would work at distance.....
    50/200 zero for the P4Xi, my BDC is off beyond 400 yards but that's to be expected since mine is on an 11.5" SBR.

Perhaps not coincidentally, my buddy just had his Burris RT6 die on him also for no reason. It was practically new, had maybe 300 rounds through it. Broke internally. I tried talking him in to the P4Xi but he likes busier reticles and ended up with the segmented circle AccuPower 1-4x, but admitted after seeing the AccuPower side by side with the Steiner that the P4Xi blows the Trijicon out of the water in terms of glass, brightness and perceived field of view.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast