Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BCM PISTOL BUILD WITH THE NEW SBA3 BRACE!

Feedback Score

BCM PISTOL BUILD WITH THE NEW SBA3 BRACE!

My first build/semi-build. I assembled the lower and bought the upper assembled. Next build I will assemble the upper too. Which is actually gonna be my dads rifle.
    Hes waiting on the kit in the mail.
    Heres the breakdown:
    • 11.5 inch bcm bfh upper with keymod alpha rail
    • anderson lower
    • bcm lpk
    • h2 carbine buffer
    • jp polished and center ground spring
    • sb tactical sba3 brace
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    Now, I do have a question about this gun. Please look at the attached picture. Does this look like the brass is hitting the deflector excessively hard? This is my first short barreled AR so im not sure if this is normal. All I know is that my 16 inch carbine AR does not leave brass on the deflector like this. This is after only 100 rounds or so.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    How far and what direction is the brass going?
    Try a heavier buffer?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    How far and what direction is the brass going?
    Try a heavier buffer?
    Could not really measure distance due to lane size at the range. But they were exiting between 2 and 3 o'clock and hitting the screen between lanes. I was thinking about trying a differemt buffer, but im already using a h2 and it seems that bcm usually recommends a h buffer. But, I think i will go ahead and try a h3. There cheap enough and doesn't hurt to have different weights laying around anyhow!

Feedback Score
    Oh yea, I forgot to list the optic. Its a sig romeo 5 xdr. Havent decided on which buis I will put on it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The H2 buffer is right. Next things to try are a Sprinco blue spring and an SLR adjustable gas block or the BRT Micro Port system. How does the recoil feel? Is it kinda sharp?
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    A BCM BFH upper on an Anderson lower? 0.o

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post
    Yeah I noticed that too haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post
    All the guts are bcm. Anderson lowers are available locally to me, and they make good lowers in my opinion. I would like to do a billet lower though.

Feedback Score
    One thing you will learn about AR owners and that is they are as gullible as fisherman buying into the latest best lures making them better fisherman . I have 5 AR lowers and 3 are Anderson 2 are "quality " brands and the only difference between them is Anderson don't charge for the name . I know it doesn't make sense but some times a heavy buffer can make it appear you are over gassed , something to do with the case not being swelled when removed from the chamber so try a lighter buffer and put layers of masking tape over deflector to check for strikes . Also cases can strike the deflector and bounce back to 3 o'clock and make it look like it's not over gassed when it is . WHAT AMMO should be the first question , try some known weak ammo and ck if it locks back on an empty mag .If it bothers you you might have to go adjustable block but it's not in itself a problem because that is why it's there and I would rather brass scuffing over short stroking .

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast