Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 11.5" barrel muzzle device

Feedback Score
    A2 if you want to keep it short, but if you don't mind an extra 1/2 inch, then try a VG6 Epsilon.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I've tried others but always go back to the A2.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Smith Vortex

Feedback Score
    Spikes Tactical barking spider.

Sent from my Sony Xperia X using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Black River Tactical's "covert comp" helps with pushing the blast forward and has about the same size and weight as an A2. Costs more than an A2, but I think it's worth it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    A2.

As a guy who tried the krink blast cans, the noveske pig, and a couple other, A2 and /done.

Don't waste the time, money, efforts. It tames the blast and ball as much as is needed.

But any BFD I had made the concussion less, but could shake the windows with the noise still. A2 worked in taming that big initial blast.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you're going to be using it potentially on a two way indoor range---flash hider of some sort. Any type of "brake" type device and your teeth will be chattering which, IMO, is sub optimal for accurate fire. A2 works well but something in the 3 or 4 prong type of design is an improvement in reducing concussion which is especially important on an 11.5'' gun.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow93 View Post
    If optics planet ever ships my order I will finally be in the position to order an upper and not fall under any constructive intent issues. I'm going with a 11.5" BCM upper but I'm trying to decide on a muzzle device for it. I have no hope of ever getting a suppressor for it so that is no concern for the future. This gun is going to be a travel gun so indoor/outdoor use possible. I run a BCM Mod 0 on my 14.5" and a Precision Armament AFAB on my 16".

I realize this will be a loud gun regardless of what I put on the end so I'm thinking of going with a SF closed tine Warcomp and a SF Warden to at least force the blast forward. Are their any other options that would be better or worth considering?
    I have an 11.5 BCM ELW barrel on one of my pistols, and I'm using a closed tine Warcomp. I'm very happy with it. The concussion isn't real noticeable, and it's easy to stay on target. Prior to that I used a BCM Mod 0, which felt like an explosion was going off at the muzzle every time I fired it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow93 View Post
    If optics planet ever ships my order I will finally be in the position to order an upper and not fall under any constructive intent issues. I'm going with a 11.5" BCM upper but I'm trying to decide on a muzzle device for it. I have no hope of ever getting a suppressor for it so that is no concern for the future. This gun is going to be a travel gun so indoor/outdoor use possible. I run a BCM Mod 0 on my 14.5" and a Precision Armament AFAB on my 16".

I realize this will be a loud gun regardless of what I put on the end so I'm thinking of going with a SF closed tine Warcomp and a SF Warden to at least force the blast forward. Are their any other options that would be better or worth considering?
    Don't worry about that. It is considered an unregistered upper. If you already have an invoice for a pistol lower you're more than safe.

It's not something to worry about anyways. So long as you aint slappin it on a rifle lower in the guise of testing.

Surprised no one discussed this, usually the whole constructive intent conversation on uppers gets smacked down quick.

Feedback Score
    I have an PA EFAB and love it, but would probably stick with an A2. I would strongly consider the FCD 6315.

http://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.com/6315_p_76.html

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast