Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 11.5" barrel muzzle device

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    I had a Battlecomp on a 10.5". I was satisfied. Everyone else was not. When a well known shooting instructor politely but firmly informed me that it would not be allowed in a class he was teaching, I realized I had just suffered a solid hit to the head with a clue by four. I replaced it with an A2 birdcage until I got my suppressor.
    I've shot with several well-known shooting instructors over the years. The only one that ever even commented on the BattleComp was Jeff Gonzales. Not discounting your experience, just noting that it varies from mine. I do have an A2 birdcage and crush washer in my bag in the event I'd ever need to switch the thing out for whatever reason.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    HMAC, that's ok. I'm just sharing my personal experience. The admonishment came from someone I have a deep respect for. I'm glad I listened because the change improved my shooting experience with my shorties. The Battlecomp now back on my 20" where it's a much quieter and a better suited.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Sorry in advance for going off-topic, but are there muzzle devices that are not allowed in carbine classes? I have only used the birdcage and the 3-pronged flash suppressor in classes. However, I recently installed a muzzle brake hoping to improve in speed shooting drills. I'm now wondering if I should get a cage device to prevent annoying the other students and instructor?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrasos View Post
    Sorry in advance for going off-topic, but are there muzzle devices that are not allowed in carbine classes? I have only used the birdcage and the 3-pronged flash suppressor in classes. However, I recently installed a muzzle brake hoping to improve in speed shooting drills. I'm now wondering if I should get a cage device to prevent annoying the other students and instructor?
    Never heard of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    I'd go with a WarComp every day of the week, but then my 10.4 and 11.5 uppers are very likely to have a can on them.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    OP, if you run a can run corresponding mount.

No can? A2 and be done with it. It’s an SBR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ^^ This^^

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by panzerr View Post
    I did the same thing. I wasted good money on linear comps and brakes and ended up switching back to the A2 on all of my carbines.

The A2 really is the best compromise between flash, concussion and muzzle control. Besides, they are cheap and ubiquitous.
    Which linear comps did you try, and what length barrel? Did you try a Levang by chance? (I suppose it's pretty much the same as any other linear comp).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234