Thread: New X Files

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

New X Files

Anyone watching it? As a mega fan of the original series, done my best to give the re boot a chance, and it just does not have the magic of the prior series. If I had not known what a great series was the original X Files, I wouldn't bother at all with this new version. There's no chemistry of any kind in this new version, and I suspect it will not get picked up again sadly. I'm watching it for no other reason than I hope to see a glimmer of the magic of that older series, but so far, nadda.

Does not sound like Gillian is feelin' it either...

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/gill...11-1202661235/
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    It was a different time then when the original series came out. Back when people cheered the government investigating the evil deep state and conspiracies.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    It had a few moments. And seemed to get better, but by the last episode this season you could tell everyone was checked out (and the storyline seemed to indicate the story went full circle).

Feedback Score
    The best episode of the new X-Files episodes was "The Lost Art of Forehead Sweat".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lo...Forehead_Sweat

Without giving away any spoilers, suffice it to say I took it as a subtle "goodbye" to the fans, especially when Scully looks at a plate of a 1970's era Jello product and instead of sampling it she says that she "prefers to remember it the way it was."

I think that's Chris Carter, et. al.'s way of telling the fans "enjoy the old series and accept this reboot as the ending."

Even though Carter claims that he's not done with the series, it's likely Duchovny and Anderson are through.

There is speculation Carter might carry on with new actors playing the key roles,or new characters.

(Frankly, I thought that's what this thread was going to be about rather than the 10th and 11th season with the original cast).

Feedback Score
    I've watched most of the new episodes, and I guess the old saying is true - "you can't go home again".

Feedback Score
    yeah I think its like the last strike back the chemistry is not there sadly

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    The best episode of the new X-Files episodes was "The Lost Art of Forehead Sweat".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lo...Forehead_Sweat

Without giving away any spoilers, suffice it to say I took it as a subtle "goodbye" to the fans, especially when Scully looks at a plate of a 1970's era Jello product and instead of sampling it she says that she "prefers to remember it the way it was."

I think that's Chris Carter, et. al.'s way of telling the fans "enjoy the old series and accept this reboot as the ending."

Even though Carter claims that he's not done with the series, it's likely Duchovny and Anderson are through.

There is speculation Carter might carry on with new actors playing the key roles,or new characters.

(Frankly, I thought that's what this thread was going to be about rather than the 10th and 11th season with the original cast).
    Could not agree more. To me, The XFiles is the best show on TV. Ever.

Season 10 and 11 just don't have the same "it factor" the original 9 seasons had. It's kinda he same with the second movie. The first one was so good it made the second one seem like total crap.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.