Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alfie Evans

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Alfie Evans

I suspect that many people are following this tragic (outrageous? ) affair even though our MSM finds it beneath them. Sort of makes me wonder how many years we are behind Britain’s NHS—15-20?

Nietzsche, NOT exactly one of my heroes, once observed that “The State is a cold monster.” — He got that one right.

Dollars to doughnuts posting that on social media in the UK today would get you prosecuted...
    Mala striga deleta est. (The wicked witch is finished.)

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    His father was giving him mouth to mouth resuscitation in the hospital to help keep him alive.

I cannot begin to wrap my brain around that.

Feedback Score
    I saw that the Chinese have a new system where they have brownie (is that racist?) points for ‘good’, as in state approved, behavior. No points, crappy life.

We pretty much have that already here based on Progressive ideology, but it isn’t codified that strictly, yet. You can throw Trump supporters out of your bar in NYC. Wonder what would happen if you tried to throw a BLMer out....

We now have a more rigid caste system than India.

Rush talked about this today. What if the newly born 3rd in line to the thrown was in the same situation? You ever wonder why Hawking lived so much longer than others who had the same diagnosis? Although, I think he was stuffed and they just uploaded stuff to his voice synthesizer the past few years.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The child was brain dead with zero hope for recovery or any sort of life. He could not eat without being fed by ng tube or g tubecould not breath without the assistance of mechanical ventilation. That’s ICU care (expensive) with no end in sight other than his death. It’s a terrible situation and I empathize with his parents. That said, what is the ultimate outcome in keeping him alive and at what cost? Who pays for that? I believe if someone was willing to pick up the tab, the child should have been able to remain mechanically ventilated through a tracheotomy, fed through a g-tube. If the Italians were willing to pick up the tab for transport, the UK government should have allowed him to be transferred to an Italian hospital. Ultimately I would guess the family would decide to withdraw support at a later date when they could make a rational decision and see that their son was already gone with no hope of recovery.

As a surgeon I understand why the decision was made to withdraw support. As a human being and a father I understand his family’s conflict. My best friend passed away while awaiting a lung transplant at 22 years old. The decision was made to withdraw care because there was no hope of recovery. It’s a very terrible situation and my heart goes out to the family of this child.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 04-25-18 at 20:14.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I know, it's such a horrible situation. I just think of what the parents are going through, and my heart aches for them.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I know, it's such a horrible situation. I just think of what the parents are going through, and my heart aches for them.
    It is a terrible enough ordeal to sit on the sidelines and watch as family members deal with these end of life decisions for their loved ones. I've recently lost two brothers-in-law where it was clear they were gone, but the family couldn't let go, it is heart rending.

Feedback Score
    The problem was is that he could breathe with out any mechanical ventilation. The docs thought he would expire quickly, then they decided to starve him. Then the staff, after a bunch of time goes by, decides to start giving sustenance. Guess the new docs were on or the nurses were starting to make noise.

For hours, Alfie continued to breathe unaided, with hospital staff refusing to help with either ventilation or hydration despite his coughing....
    ....About 2 a.m. Tuesday, Alder Hey hospital staff provided some hydration and oxygen support, his mother reported on Facebook.
    So the docs cocked it up from one end to the other. The courts didn't make things better. Granted, some families just won't let go under any circumstances, but this was handled horribly.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    This is so deeply upsetting, it's state sponsored murder. It's monstrous. This is a perfect example of where socialized health care will go. So terrible what little Alf, parents and family are going through.

Feedback Score
    The kid was going to die and he had no chance of getting better. That doesn't mean that you yank the plug and slap the parents around. It isn't so much murder as institutional indifference. That is scarier than murder. Someone trying to kill you can be stopped, how do you stop being 'abandoned'? That is the real scary part about all this govt run stuff.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    Dollars to doughnuts posting that on social media in the UK today would get you prosecuted...

See below. From the Merseyside police facebook account.

Merseyside Police
    Merseyside Police
    21 hrs ·

We've issued the following statement following reports of social media posts being made in relation to Alder Hey Hospital and the ongoing situation with Alfie Evans:

Chief Inspector Chris Gibson said: “Merseyside Police has been made aware of a number of social media posts which have been made with reference to Alder Hey Hospital and the ongoing situation involving Alfie Evans.

“I would like to make people aware that these posts are being monitored and remind social media users that any offences including malicious communications and threatening behaviour will be investigated and where necessary will be acted upon.”
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast