Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ballistic advantage barrels?

Feedback Score

Ballistic advantage barrels?

I’m looking into doing a 10.3 in Hanson profile barrel with .625 pinned gas block from BA directly for my pistol build, as with all my rifles this needs to be stone cold reliable, I’m thinking about building this for a personal defense option for my home.

Also, phosphate c-158 BCG from toolcraft any good found a sale for 80$ on righttobear.com?
    Last edited by Collin223; 05-06-18 at 21:56.

Feedback Score
    I have a 10.5 govt profile from Ballistic Advantage. Excellent performance no issues.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Ballistic advantage barrels?

I have their 10.3 Hanson in one of my SBR’s. Mine has the .750 gas block journal though. Pinned by BA. You can’t go wrong with a Ballistic Advantage barrel. I’ve built from 10.3 SBR to 18” SPR and they have all been very accurate and well finished barrels. It’s been extremely reliable, has shot every ammoI’ve ran through it, .223 to 5.66, including cheap Russian ammo, with a can and without. It’s like a set it and forget it. It just runs. No adjustable gas block, nada. I do run an A5 buffer system, H2 I think and a Sprinco green. All that other stuff aside, it’s just plain fun to shoot. It’s one of the smoothest shooting SBR’s that I’ve built.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 05-06-18 at 23:34.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Would a Spikes st-t2 buffer work? I have one laying around

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin223 View Post
    as with all my rifles this needs to be stone cold reliable, I’m thinking about building this for a personal defense option for my home.

Also, phosphate c-158 BCG from toolcraft any good found a sale for 80$ on righttobear.com?
    My go to BCG is LMT. It’s definitely one area that I do worry about saving money. It’s one of the critical parts of your AR, IMO. LMT has BTDT and I absolutely trust their L7D3 FA BCG and their enhanced bolt carrier with an L7D3 bolt. (L7A3B). I have read guys saying good things about Toolcraft, i just have no experience having used LMT from build one and have zero reasons to depart from that build SOP.

Just out of curiosity what barrels and BCG’s have you been using?

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    My go to BCG is LMT. It’s definitely one area that I do worry about saving money. It’s one of the critical parts of your AR, IMO. LMT has BTDT and I absolutely trust their L7D3 FA BCG and their enhanced bolt carrier with an L7D3 bolt. (L7A3B). I have read guys saying good things about Toolcraft, i just have no experience having used LMT from build one and have zero reasons to depart from that build SOP.

Just out of curiosity what barrels and BCG’s have you been using?

Spikes CHF and Spikes BCG is what I usually use

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I am waiting on a BA 11.3 for a pistol build. I already got my BCM KMR Alpha 10 rail and Aero Precision LW no FA upper. Colt BCG, BCM Mod 4 CH.

I have my SBA3 brace on a Colt lower with ALG/ACT trigger. I am using an A2 flash hider for now.

BA Hanson Profile barrels are High Demand, Short on Supply.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RWH24 View Post
    I am waiting on a BA 11.3 for a pistol build. I already got my BCM KMR Alpha 10 rail and Aero Precision LW no FA upper. Colt BCG, BCM Mod 4 CH.

I have my SBA3 brace on a Colt lower with ALG/ACT trigger. I am using an A2 flash hider for now.

BA Hanson Profile barrels are High Demand, Short on Supply.
    I read the background on the design. Balance of barrel thickness where it makes a difference. I'll be buying these going forward. Really like the idea of the preinstalled gas block too to minimize any leaks in the gas system.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltActionAssault View Post
    I read the background on the design. Balance of barrel thickness where it makes a difference. I'll be buying these going forward. Really like the idea of the preinstalled gas block too to minimize any leaks in the gas system.
    I agree with your statement especially after watching all the BA videos and mrgunsngear explaining the meaning of the design.
    Kind of like the BCM ELW continuous taper barrels, sorta.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I have a 12.5” Hanson barrel in 6.5 Grendel. It is a very nice medium weight contour which returns 1 MOA five-shot groups with my hand loads. I’m also using a Toolcraft BCG in this build with no issues thus far (round count is low, however). It appears well made and finished.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast