Thread: Savage 10 FCP-SR

Feedback Score

Savage 10 FCP-SR

Just picked this up the other day. Has the 24 inch fluted heavy barrel which is (no surprise) pretty damn heavy. Rifle came with the factory installed rail which is stamped "20 MOA". I know that this particular rail is intended more for longer ranges (600+ yards?) but I probably won't be close to that. I can see my longest shot at maybe 250-300 yards. Is the 20 MOA rail suitable for those distances or should it be replaced?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I would keep the 20 MOA rail. Just make sure your scope has enough internal adjustment to zero at 100.

Feedback Score

Savage 10 FCP-SR

Quote Originally Posted by dmd08 View Post
    I would keep the 20 MOA rail. Just make sure your scope has enough internal adjustment to zero at 100.
    Yes keep it, and 20 MOA down is easily handled by most scopes you’d consider in mid price ranges.

What you might find is the light quality reduces near max adjustment (you’re starting to look through the edges of the glass) as well as the isolation of elevation vs windage decreases (though I cannot remember where I read that...). He doesn’t mention angled bases but you should read Randall’s (ar15barrels) thread of reference stuff here.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=263710

My $350 Falcon M18+ has 76 MOA total (38 up/down).
    https://swfa.com/falcon-4-18x44-m18-...escope-10.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Andrew - Lancaster, CA
    NRA Life Member, SAF / CRPA / FPC member and supporter, USCCA Member
    Last edited by lordmorgul; 04-27-18 at 21:51.

Feedback Score
    I have one of those with a 20" barrel. It's generally really good, and for the price, it's terrific.

Niggles:

1. The mag sucks.

2. I don't care, but guys on SavageShooters say the 20moa rail isn't really 20moa.