Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kahles K16i vs Razor HD Gen2 e vs Swarovski Z6i

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Kahles K16i vs Razor HD Gen2 e vs Swarovski Z6i

Thinking of a Kahles 16i has the edge. Which reticle do you guys like and why? SM1?

The Swarovski Z6i seems to be an awesome scope.

I hear everyone on the Razor being heavy, but still a great scope.

Hard to find a negative on the K16i, unless it’s price.

Looking at range work from 100-300 to start. I read the 1x on the Kahles is excellent so HD also.

Mounting on a 16” BCM.
    Last edited by dms888; 04-29-18 at 22:34.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    That much scope for 1-300 is kind of overkill unless you just have a solid amount of disposable income. There’s a decent YouTube video comparing all of these from SuperSetCA. Keep in mind that Vortex now has the Gen II-E or whatever it’s called that shaved about four ounces.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    6x is overkill for target ID at 300 meters? Why?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joffe View Post
    6x is overkill for target ID at 300 meters? Why?
    A $2k 1-6x is “kind of” overkill for thy because it can be done with a lot less. But I never said not to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have only looked through a Swaro z6i once and it was many years ago. The kahles and the razor HDII are both excellent. The newer E is supposed to be lighter than the older Razor HDII. The Kahles has the better glass and FOV is outstanding. The Razor has slightly better illumination, however this is really splitting hairs as the k16i illumination is daylight bright visible in full sun. I prefer the SM-1 reticle to the Vortex offerings, but this is a personal very subjective matter.

I think the k16i is very hard to beat.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 04-29-18 at 07:18.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    I'm still wondering what, if anything, was sacrificed to lose the weight on the E model compared to the old one. Are the internals weaker now? The old model has stood the test of time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    That much scope for 1-300 is kind of overkill unless you just have a solid amount of disposable income. There’s a decent YouTube video comparing all of these from SuperSetCA. Keep in mind that Vortex now has the Gen II-E or whatever it’s called that shaved about four ounces.
    If you have "Older Eyes", a 1-6 could make all the difference that a 1-4 would not afford.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I disagree. Seeing better is seeing better, at 300 and at 3000. PID is PID, and precision is precision. It's like saying 20/10 vision is pointless when 20/20 is the "standard"

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    6x at 300m is cool and I want the same thing, my point was that a $2k 6x scope on top of a $1,500 chrome lined BCM is kind of overkill when only shooting to 300m. OP seemed to indicate that he may be able to take it further. Whether he can or not, if he has the money, sure, I don’t really care. But you don’t need to drop that much money to be able to shoot at 300m. You really don’t even need it to PID much at 300m because all the OP is talking about is a range and not hunting or driveway gun shit.

All that being said, I am also curious to see if the Gen II-Es shake out to be just as durable as the original.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    6x at 300m is cool and I want the same thing, my point was that a $2k 6x scope on top of a $1,500 chrome lined BCM is kind of overkill when only shooting to 300m. OP seemed to indicate that he may be able to take it further. Whether he can or not, if he has the money, sure, I don’t really care. But you don’t need to drop that much money to be able to shoot at 300m. You really don’t even need it to PID much at 300m because all the OP is talking about is a range and not hunting or driveway gun shit.

All that being said, I am also curious to see if the Gen II-Es shake out to be just as durable as the original.

I shoot 1-1.5moa 10 shot groups out of chrome lined barrels all day long at 100. You can stretch that way out on 18x24" steel if you like. 300 yards on a 6" popper? 6x sure is nice. Especially to PID things in shade or noncontrasting backgrounds etc.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast