Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scar or not to Scar?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Scar or not to Scar?

Don't know, they look like a boat paddle, they are expensive and I can't find any type of deal on a used one! I guess its me and my Noveske unless one falls in my lap!

Who's shooting a Scar and I would like to hear your top 5 reasons for having one.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I can give the top 5 reasons why I DON'T have one

1. they are pricey

2. the do nothing a good quality AR will not do.

3. don't care for the stock.

4. don't care for the stock trigger and it is once again pricey to upgrade.

5. don't love the handguard much either.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I've shot a few SCAR heavies and lights.... and can't come up with one single reason to own one even if offered the crap for FREE. I can't afford the space in my safes for garbage.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by feedthemlead View Post
    Don't know, they look like a boat paddle, they are expensive and I can't find any type of deal on a used one! I guess its me and my Noveske unless one falls in my lap!

Who's shooting a Scar and I would like to hear your top 5 reasons for having one.

1. deamn accurate
    2. deamn light weight
    3. ambi side charging handle.
    4. golding stock and deamn ergonomic
    5. Almost no recoil

I love my SCAR 17. There's simplynothing better out there.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    That looks like a expensive SCAR H with a cr@p ton of expensive aftermarket parts added. Did it cost more than a SR-25?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    That looks like a expensive SCAR H with a cr@p ton of expensive aftermarket parts added. Did it cost more than a SR-25?
    Yea that thing was deamn expensive

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    scar7.JPG
    1) Its FN
    2) I love FN's
    3) Extremely reliable, although over gassed when suppressed
    4) Accurate
    5) Did I mention I like FN's?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Seems unlikely to be more costly than one of the new SR-25s, given that the only major aftermarket part I could see is the KDG MREX.

For the money, there really any close to the SCAR-17S on the civilian market. The LMT MWS comes the closest, but is a full pound heavier, even with the lightweight barrel package. The Daniel Defense DD5 remains fairly untested. The KAC E2 CC is a good 1.5k USD more, comparing MSRPs.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Seems unlikely to be more costly than one of the new SR-25s, given that the only major aftermarket part I could see is the KDG MREX.

For the money, there really any close to the SCAR-17S on the civilian market. The LMT MWS comes the closest, but is a full pound heavier, even with the lightweight barrel package. The Daniel Defense DD5 remains fairly untested. The KAC E2 CC is a good 1.5k USD more, comparing MSRPs.
    Hi

The Kahles K16i with the Tenebreax ARD, the Tenebreax Ocular- and lensecover, The SPUHR 3046 QD Mount, the Surefire M720V, the Atlas BT10, the KDG MREX rail, as well as the KDG Kinekt MLOK quick detach rail section is pretty expensive. Plus I'm from Switzerland so for me all that stuff is even more expensive.
    Last edited by Scarlover01; 04-29-18 at 15:25.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've got two SCAR 16s and two SCAR 17s. I have the 17s for a different reason than the 16s. The 17s are really a great all around battle rifle. I don't do mods to them other than adding the Parker Mountain machine rear QD sling mounts, MI replacement front rails (for their built in QD sling mounts), and Geissele Super SCAR trigger in all of them. I do not use extended rails.

SCAR 17---

People complain the SCAR 17 is too expensive...in 2018 they are a bargain compared to other military grade .308 battle rifles. I've had them for quite a few years now, I think I bought the first one in 2011.

I love the way the 17 shoots. For a .308 recoil seems very reasonable if you keep the stock muzzle device. I've never tried it, but I've heard it is sharper without compensation.

If you don't add a big front rail on your 17 it will stay well balanced and light. I did put a Magpul AFG on the 17s that's it.

My 17s have been very accurate right out of the box, with 1 MOA or less with match ammo. My SCAR 17s seem to love FGMM 168gr. 168gr seems to be the SCAR 17's favorite bullet weight, so American Eagle 168gr OTM (also Federal) shoots the same as FGMM 168gr.

I don't shoot FGMM all the time or I'd be living on the street. The 17 shoots M80 ball well too considering it is not match ammo.

Reliability has been perfect for me. I've never had a single misfeed, ejection problem, or any kind of malfunction with either 17, period, not once, but I only run full power brass cased ammo.

SCAR 16 ---

I bought my first SCAR 16 in 2009 or 2010. I LOVE the way they shoot. They run like a well lubed sewing machine. I like the folding stock and the G trigger. I added the same pieces to the 16s as the 17s. G trigger, PMM rear QD, MI front replacement rails, that's it. Oh, I did put a rail cover on the bottom rail of the 16s instead of the AFG on the 17s.

I like the reciprocating CH for the ability to control the BCG directly, I hate it when I got my thumb whacked. Seems to happen after I get lazy shooting my ARs from the bench.

SCARs are extremely reliable, but so are properly built and maintained ARs. I prefer the way the SCAR shoots over an AR, and I like clean running habits of the SCAR, but I prefer the longer rails and cheaper spare parts of an AR. Of course I haven't had to replace a part on my SCARs yet.

The SCAR seems to eat anything I put into it, but I only shoot brass cased ammo. I had one magazine go bad on me and create a malfunction while shooting the SCAR 16, and once I had the rifle in supressor mode with no suppressor and got a couple malfs until I figured it out.

I consider my SCARs and some of my ARs to be GO TO.... I like both SCARs and ARs.
    Last edited by ScottsBad; 04-29-18 at 16:54.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast