Thread: Anything like the Benchmade SOCP, but shorter?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    76 (100%)

Anything like the Benchmade SOCP, but shorter?

So I like the idea of the Benchmade SOCP, especially how the sheath fully encloses the grip, leaving only the ring exposed. This, however, makes the overall package somewhat long for regular pocket carry.
    Is there anything out there that is similar, but maybe slightly shorter?
    I am looking to pocket carry, so no large exposed grips, belt mounts, etc.
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Maybe like a Brous Silent Soldier? It is a neck knife, but has the ring and kydex sheath. You could pocket carry it I guess. There are a bunch of blade styles to choose from.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Interesting question. Can you give us some more data regarding intended usage and cost parameters?

Also, is this something you would take into a work-type environment where they would be concerned about a blade?

And regarding pocket carry, are you talking dress slacks, jeans, cargo shorts or BDU-type clothing?

How large do you want the blade to be? Are you looking for strictly a stabbing weapon, or a slashing one, or both?

And are you dead-set on having a ring on the handle?

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Interesting question. Can you give us some more data regarding intended usage and cost parameters?

Also, is this something you would take into a work-type environment where they would be concerned about a blade?

And regarding pocket carry, are you talking dress slacks, jeans, cargo shorts or BDU-type clothing?

How large do you want the blade to be? Are you looking for strictly a stabbing weapon, or a slashing one, or both?

And are you dead-set on having a ring on the handle?
    Intended use would be defensive carry, but also utility.

Price, maybe $100-200, I like nice things, but it really depends.

I'm a cop. This knife would be for off duty carry, but I would consider using it on duty as well, or something similar. I currently carry folders on duty and off, would like to transition to fixed for both.

Pocket carry would mostly be in jeans.

I'm not sure on blade length, long enough to be useful.

I'm not dead set on anything, but I like the idea of the ring because it allows for it to be completely in the pocket, yet still a fixed blade. I currently carry a ZT folder, and while it is great, I have always wanted to carry a fixed blade.
    Last edited by masakari; 04-30-18 at 13:34.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Spartan Blades CQB Tool is a little bit shorter...https://spartanbladesusa.com/cqb-tool/

Feedback Score
    masakari, I carry a SOC-P on duty, under my mag pouch with a few Benchmade folders in other places on my jumpsuit. I love the SOC-P for duty use.

Have you looked at something like this before? https://colonelblades.com/shop/ They have caught my interest for an off-duty fixed blade.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    masakari, I carry a SOC-P on duty, under my mag pouch with a few Benchmade folders in other places on my jumpsuit. I love the SOC-P for duty use.

Have you looked at something like this before? https://colonelblades.com/shop/ They have caught my interest for an off-duty fixed blade.
    Thanks for the info. I'll look into those knives.
    Pictures of your duty knife setup?