Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anything like the Benchmade SOCP, but shorter?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy27012 View Post
    While I was looking for my SOCP, I found the falcon dagger. Very similar to the SOCP with a shorter blade. I don't actually have one but from looking at the pictures it is very comparable. They sell on EBay for between $20-30. I have thought of getting one to check out but I really like the simplicity, weight and feel Attachment 51922of the SOCP. The only thing I would change about the Benchmade is the fact it won't sharpen. This is the only knife I have that I can't get shaving sharp.

If you have any specific questions please feel free to ask.
    It could be the one you got just got heat treated wrong. 440C is fine if the heat treat is right. If it is wrong it sucks - like anything else I guess. Benchmade is usually a quality product, but you could have got part of a bad batch.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    While I was looking for my SOCP, I found the falcon dagger. Very similar to the SOCP with a shorter blade. I don't actually have one but from looking at the pictures it is very comparable. They sell on EBay for between $20-30. I have thought of getting one to check out but I really like the simplicity, weight and feel Attachment 51922of the SOCP. The only thing I would change about the Benchmade is the fact it won't sharpen. This is the only knife I have that I can't get shaving sharp.

If you have any specific questions please feel free to ask.
    That looks interesting... It's very cheap, so I'm somewhat concerned about the quality.

You say that you really like your SOCP? How do you carry it?

Edit: so I just checked in that falcon dagger... It says that it's actually 7.5" long. The Benchmade is 7.25"
    Last edited by masakari; 05-11-18 at 10:18.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post
    That looks interesting... It's very cheap, so I'm somewhat concerned about the quality.

You say that you really like your SOCP? How do you carry it?

Edit: so I just checked in that falcon dagger... It says that it's actually 7.5" long. The Benchmade is 7.25"
    I'm guessing the pictures just make it look like the blade is shorter. As stated I have no actual experience with it.

As far as carry, it depends on where I'm at and what I'm doing. If I'm going to be standing for a prolonged I will carry it appendix iwb just off to one side. This is my preferred carry as it absolutely disappears and I can access with either hand. But if i will be sitting the gimping on the top of the ring pokes me in the belly and is very uncomfortable.

A majority of the time I wear it strong side horizontally through my belt loops. I ran the included paracord through the bottom holes and made a loop. The clip will be tight to the first loop, the cord around the second and looped to the top sheath. Makes it where it holds in one place without shifting around or sagging. Using the cordage also ensures the case doesn't come out with the knife should it need to be drawn under stress. This style of carry also conceals very well. But sometimes depending on the type of pants and position of belt loop the very end of the loop will print at times, but not to bad.

I found it also carries pretty well in a pocket like a folding knife. However, when i first got it and was experimenting with the practice blade there was a couple of times when the sheath came out with the knife when I drew it out quickly.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    I'm guessing the pictures just make it look like the blade is shorter. As stated I have no actual experience with it.

As far as carry, it depends on where I'm at and what I'm doing. If I'm going to be standing for a prolonged I will carry it appendix iwb just off to one side. This is my preferred carry as it absolutely disappears and I can access with either hand. But if i will be sitting the gimping on the top of the ring pokes me in the belly and is very uncomfortable.

A majority of the time I wear it strong side horizontally through my belt loops. I ran the included paracord through the bottom holes and made a loop. The clip will be tight to the first loop, the cord around the second and looped to the top sheath. Makes it where it holds in one place without shifting around or sagging. Using the cordage also ensures the case doesn't come out with the knife should it need to be drawn under stress. This style of carry also conceals very well. But sometimes depending on the type of pants and position of belt loop the very end of the loop will print at times, but not to bad.

I found it also carries pretty well in a pocket like a folding knife. However, when i first got it and was experimenting with the practice blade there was a couple of times when the sheath came out with the knife when I drew it out quickly.
    Pocket carry is what I'm most interested in, but I'm aware that the pocket clip pretty much sucks. That's ok though, as there is a solution: Nite Ize eCLIPse

So, assuming that the clip is swapped out and the sheath stays in the pocket, how's the length for pocket carry? Too long? No big deal?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post
    Pocket carry is what I'm most interested in, but I'm aware that the pocket clip pretty much sucks. That's ok though, as there is a solution: Nite Ize eCLIPse

So, assuming that the clip is swapped out and the sheath stays in the pocket, how's the length for pocket carry? Too long? No big deal?
    Thanks for telling me about the Nite Ize, i haven't seen those before. As far as pocket carry, I think it would be fine if the clip was replaced (I'll probably be getting one for mine). It may also depend on how deep the pockets are. Message me with your cell number or email and I'll send you some pictures so you can have an idea of what it will look like.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12