Quote Originally Posted by veteran-USMC View Post
Gentlemen:

I own an H&K VP9 and looking for a proven 9mm round for home defense. The round I am considering is Federals HST 124+p! For many years South Bend, Indiana police used Corbons 40 caliber 135gr. with outstanding
results. I have read that South Bend is using Federals 124+9 9mm with similar results as the Corbon 40 cal. 135gr.. Please note that my shooting skills are very good --I just want to have a darn good ammo to up my chances of living another day. Does anyone have any knowledge on police depts. using Federals HST 124+p and the results the police are having with this ammo?

Other ammo suggestions are invited.
Thank-you for your time & attention

SEMPER FI!
Last time I took a HSP D3 Vehicle Darkness Course we did bullet testing thru the windshields of the cars I had gotten for the class (I was hosting). Everyone got to test their carry ammo of choice thru it with a target directly at the front of the vehicle. Of all the various carry ammo tested, Corbon's 115gr all copper bullet (can't remember the official name) did the best with the least amount of divation thru the windshield. 124gr HST and 124gr Speer Gold Dot tied. What I'm referring to here is those bullets had the least amount of POA/POI shift when traveling thru the glass. The WORST performer was Hornady Critical Duty and Critical Defense ammo. The target was literally 4ft away and didn't even touch the cardboard.