Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for truth behind Federals HST 124+p

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    I have found the 147gr HST to be an easier shooting round than the 124 +P, at no loss to terminal performance.
    Really can't go wrong with either though.
    I wonder if the 147gr. HST expands slightly more then the 124+p version of HST? Thank-you for your info

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Iirc, the +p is preferred in 124gr.
    147 both std and +p perform well, though for standard and compact pistols, you dont really gain anything other than blast and recoil. If i can find his thoughts ill update. Can anyone else confirm, its been a while since ive seen it discussed.
    You are correct about the 124+p recommendation. I don’t recall DocGKR pushing the +P in 147, but the standard pressure 147 HST was on the list for sure.
    Last edited by 1168; 05-01-18 at 08:40. Reason: Accuracy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    You are correct about the 124+p recommendation. I don’t recall DocGKR pushing the +P in 147, but the standard pressure 147 HST was on the list for sure.
    Both the standard and +p perform well in 147gr. Not sure if the std 124 performs as well as +p, since he specifies it.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I went through this research process a while back and went off Doc's list and results if someone can find his data sheet. The hornady is very good, but cost almost twice as much. I run HST's in several guns in 9 and 45.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I have found the 147gr HST to be an easier shooting round than the 124 +P, at no loss to terminal performance.
    Sounds like a winner in either weight

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I actually just shot some 147 and 124+P today. Even with a comp on the G19 I found the 124+P to be much more snappy.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Unfortunately there are still departments that issue whatever the chief read about in a gun mag. It's not personal.

Anything cor-bon is a red flag to me, so they either got lucky or changed to real terminal ballistics with the HST.
    This is true and quite honestly, people do the same here. The average cop shoots a suspect 1.5 times in a 20 year career. He repeats what he's heard from the Chief and from whatever his partner read on a forum too. Then someone else here repeats what the cop said as if just being a cop makes you an expert ballistician.

Test your own ammo folks.
    Last edited by wtm75; 05-08-18 at 18:46.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wtm75 View Post
    The average cop shoots a suspect 1.5 times in a 20 year career.
    There’s no way it’s even that high of a ratio.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    There’s no way it’s even that high of a ratio.
    I agree. Was trying to be nice.

Feedback Score
    I work on my department's tac team and we strictly shoot standard pressure 124 grain HST out of our MP5's and Glocks. Everyone else gets 124 grain Gold Dots for some reason. Both great rounds, haven't gotten a clear answer as to why we don't use just one round.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast