Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 93R clone?

Feedback Score
    There is some comedy going on. There will also, I expect, be more requests for various wish list projects.

But, while sticking to Beretta,
    As sure as I am that many would love a decent priced 93R, there is simply not a way to put new 93Rs into a transferable status for the people that want them.

A semi automatic clone would have features not making it a clone. Unless people were willing to go the AOW or SBR route. Again limiting interest.

A SS 92 frame however, would generate significant interest. With increased interest if it had EIi grip checkering and magwell beveling. Of the three main variants, Classic M9, current slanted dust cover with rear radius, and rear radius with classic M9 straight dust cover,
    The last would attract the most interest.

SD (classic frame with rail), M9A1, and Vertec are options with a rail on the dustcover. The M9A1 and SD are very similar. I suspect a steel SD/M9A1 frame would also have some desireability.

Rarer versions with frame mounted safeties, etc. require additional parts.

Overall, I think the most interest would be in attractive SS EII frames. Beretta fans have long wanted a real SS frame for their INOX instead of the coated aluminum alloy ones.

This would be even more popular as a factory offering. An all steel EIi type gun for production.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    Attachment 51795

I modeled this as a reference, it doesn't have the locking pin but should give you a good idea of the final product. I was under the impression that an "angled" foregrip on a pistol was 100% legal. Am I wrong? Technically, this is not a vertical grip because it is locked at a 42 degree angle when extended. If you added the folding but stock, I think you would be in NFA territory.

Feedback Score
    As opposed to the magpul AFG,
    I have never heard the 93R referred as meeting AFG criteria.

A pistol grip at an angle is still a pistol grip.

An attachment like the MP AFG, that is not a grip, just something that changes the angle of your grip, is GTG.

Whether I agree with it or not, or am not happy about,
    I see no way the 93R grip is going to be acceptable.

I will be happy to be proven wrong.

All of my previous posts regarding this have been based on the semi auto 93R clone being a no go exept for the SBR/AOW perspective.

Which is why I gave an alternative SS Beretta frame that would be popular.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Sounds like somebody should write a letter to the ATF.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Other than the legal ramfications for the 93R grip, I don't see anything wrong with your idea, except one other thing.. The Bruniton finish..really, that stuff is just a couple notches above house paint. Since you're making these frames from stainless, why not just leave them in the white, with a matte finish? Or, make them from carbon steel, and have them black nitrided, this would offer the customer a high degree of rust resistance, and might come close to matching a Bruniton finish.. Oh, and 25 lpi checkering on the front,and back straps..
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    Sir's if this thread is still active. Or the project proposed is still pending, I would like to speak with participants for a collaboration. I am a 93R collector, I own one and several spare parts, I am also a machinist with many firearms industry freinds who could contribute. I would love to see a semi auto 93R come to the table as well as spare parts for existing guns. If you still have interest, please message me through this sites e-mail system or seek me out on the web. Thank you. Tom Liemohn AKA WA-Tom or Liemohn Manufacturing LLC Kent WA.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Howdy,

The Beretta 93R is more relevant now than ever in modern combat. You kids playing your Fortnight and Wildlands don’t know anything about it. My Uncle Sam has me fighting in the rice paddies of The War of 1812 when I was a contractor for Executive Outcomes. I saved the entire platune when my Kentucky Rifle jammed. Then guns were JUNK. And not even in a Man’s Caliber like the Arquebus we used in basic at Fart Bennin’s School for Wayward Boys. Heh. You millennials wouldn’t know about it. Anyways I was zapping Soviet Canadians with my Beretta 93R chambered in .357 Sig. I even converted it from burst to full otto. No kill like overkill. I still carry my Beretta 93R as my CCW on them treacherous trips to Kroger. Because I am a sheepdog. Not some fruit who plays Fortnight.

Hope this helps

Firefly

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Oh no make it stop

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Howdy,

The Beretta 93R is more relevant now than ever in modern combat. You kids playing your Fortnight and Wildlands don’t know anything about it. My Uncle Sam has me fighting in the rice paddies of The War of 1812 when I was a contractor for Executive Outcomes. I saved the entire platune when my Kentucky Rifle jammed. Then guns were JUNK. And not even in a Man’s Caliber like the Arquebus we used in basic at Fart Bennin’s School for Wayward Boys. Heh. You millennials wouldn’t know about it. Anyways I was zapping Soviet Canadians with my Beretta 93R chambered in .357 Sig. I even converted it from burst to full otto. No kill like overkill. I still carry my Beretta 93R as my CCW on them treacherous trips to Kroger. Because I am a sheepdog. Not some fruit who plays Fortnight.

Hope this helps

Firefly
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Somebody had to do it.

Anyways a semi auto Beretta 93 clone would be kind of pointless and lame.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Howdy,

Hope this helps

Firefly
    Needs more blue line punisher my friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast