Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leupold Mark 5HD Series

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Talked to the author of this article. He says it’s legit. Said it compares to the ATACR line.

http://kalinskiconsulting.com/2018/0...mark-5-review/
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    My Mark 5HD 3.5-18x CCH was delivered last week and was promptly mounted to my MWS. I already had a Spur SP-5602 for it on hand. Initial impressions are very positive and I'm happy to have taken a chance on it sight unseen. Figured if it did not live up to expectations I'd offload it for another ATACR, but so far so good. Optical quality is very good and the CA at the top end appears to be better controlled than some higher end scopes I've seen and/or used. The CCH grid is very nice, and I honestly don't feel the need to pay extra for the Horus options. It's relatively lightweight when compared to its competitors, and it seems to balance out the rifle much better than the heavier scopes that have come and gone before it (XTR II, PMII). Overall, very satisfied and pleasantly surprised. There wasn't a lot of fanfare when this scope was introduced, largely going under the radar in light of other major optic announcements this year, and I think Leupold was smart in doing the bare minimum marketing as to not create an insane amount of hype that it might have not lived up to. This is a sleeper hit for sure.
    Last edited by Boba Fett v2; 06-26-18 at 02:18.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12