Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M&P2.0 Compact 3.6"

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    It sounds a lot like the PX4 Compact, but with a striker. That gun is somewhat popular among DA/SA and Beretta nuts. It certainly is a good blend of concealability and shootability. If I were married to S&W guns, I would give this thing strong consideration. Its probably a great choice for someone that is issued a fullsize M&P and wants something just a little smaller for off duty carry. Just like a lot of guys that are issued a G22 or G17 own a G19; you know, a compact-ish gun with a full grip and a 15rnd mag.

There are a lot of guns that aren’t Glock 19’s, and some of them are pretty good. Not sure why that is so troublesome for some people.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    These short barreled full size frame guns are beyond my comprehension. If I want compactness to conceal well I'm not going to pick a full size frame and if I am picking a full size frame there's just no downside to a full length barrel that I can see.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowrider View Post
    These short barreled full size frame guns are beyond my comprehension. If I want compactness to conceal well I'm not going to pick a full size frame and if I am picking a full size frame there's just no downside to a full length barrel that I can see.
    Shorter slide makes it more comfortable for AIWB carry. If your carrying strong side, it offers no real advantage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    As a dude with enormous hands, I love these things. As a consumer, I applaud companies like S&W that are at least trying to innovate.
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    As a dude with enormous hands, I love these things. As a consumer, I applaud companies like S&W that are at least trying to innovate.
    I get what they're trying to do, and that's one of the things that I like about the Glock 19X. My pinky is literally right on the bottom of my Gen4 G19. I just don't see the utility of that larger grip in a 3.6" barrel. If I'm going to carry something with that small of a barrel, it's going to be a backup, probably on my ankle. Likely a single stack, or I may eventually cave and get a G26. I guess if one carried appendix, the shorter barrel could make sense there, especially when seated.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker865 View Post
    Shorter slide makes it more comfortable for AIWB carry. If your carrying strong side, it offers no real advantage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by hile View Post
    I get what they're trying to do, and that's one of the things that I like about the Glock 19X. My pinky is literally right on the bottom of my Gen4 G19. I just don't see the utility of that larger grip in a 3.6" barrel. If I'm going to carry something with that small of a barrel, it's going to be a backup, probably on my ankle. Likely a single stack, or I may eventually cave and get a G26. I guess if one carried appendix, the shorter barrel could make sense there, especially when seated.
    I guess I can see a "range" where a shorter barreled setup would be more comfortable for AIWB. Everybody's physical build is different and comfort is subjective.

I sold my G19 and Keeper holster for a full size M&P specifically because it was a lot more comfortable. My Shield isn't as comfortable as the FS either. The longer barrel is long enough to preclude the "digging in" and gives extra leverage if you run a wedge so it conceals just about as good as a single stack. The icing is you get the longer barrel's performance and sight radius. There really isn't a downside that I can see.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I recently traded my HKVP9 for a NIB S&W 2.0 c with the 4" barrel. It's the first gun that I feel can actually make me want to retire my Glock 19 for off-duty/CCW work.

I had the 2.0c for about 2 weeks when the new 3.6" compact was announced. The difference in the slide from the 4" to the 3.6" isn't enough for me to consider trading my current 2.0c in on the new 3.6" model. But if I didn't have my current 4" 2.0 compact, the 3.6" would have my attention.

Feedback Score
    Shadowwriter, I also don't see much use for the 4.25" full size M&P over the 4" M&P 2.0 compact. 1/4 in difference in sight radius doesn't make enough of a difference to me to matter. The 5", however, is a completely different story. Kinda like a G34 vs a G19 or G17. However, the G17 is enough larger than the G19 to make it worthwhile. That said, i'm probably going to trade my G17 Gen5 toward a G19X given I already have a G19 and G34 Gen5.

Feedback Score
    This is what the compact should have always been. There is no way a 1/4" shorter barrel and 2 less rounds in the mag from the Full Size makes a compact.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12