Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Optic for KAC SR25 E2 PR Advice

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

New Optic for KAC SR25 E2 PR Advice

I have a Scar 17 with a CQBSS and Horus reticle already. This is kind of my all around gun. I have shot this setup out to 800 and was getting body shots

I have a GAP .308 with 22" barrel and a 3-15 Premier Reticle scope on it. This is my more precise gun for out to 1K.

I have a KAC SR25 E2 PR inbound and I want to get a scope for it. My plan is to use this as a precision rifle but I want to keep the weight low for what the rifle is and the magnification low for fast shots at closer distances. (Unless the advice is a T1 on a 45 degree mount or something to complement the scope.) I would like to use this setup for unknown distances from field positions out to 1K.

I don't really have a budget for this optic. I mainly want to do it right. It would be nice to be cost effective of course, but primary concern is getting the best scope for the job.

I am not as in tune with the precision optic market as you guys are since I am just coming off of a 4 year love affair with carbines out to 300 etc.

What else do you guys need to know from me?

Thanks for your input.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I run a Steiner M5xi 3-15 with SCR reticle on a 6.5 CM gas gun.
    Good glass and reticle is intuitive for me, seems well thought out.
    The 2/10th ticks on the horizontal crosshair allow pretty precise wind holds simple.
    My preference is mil/mil, the mil/MOA scopes are not as easy for me to use quickly.

Feedback Score
    Check out the new leupold mk5 3.6-18. Light weight and compact. Im considering it for a 6.5 grendel. Great pricing if you qualify for le/mil program.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    My duty OBR 762 wears a Nightforce ATACR F1 4-16x

My personal Aero Precision .308 wears a Nightforce SHV F1 4-14x

The zero stop/turrets are obviously better on the ATACR, but the SHV has REALLY good turrets. Clarity and glass is subjective but I'd be lying if I said I could tell a difference. Not saying the SHV is on par with the ATACR, but rather I may not be smart enough to tell the difference. Magnification in either is perfect for 1000-1200yds plinking and being a Nightforce, they are overbuilt and great quality.

I think either one would be a good fit. You could go with their 2.5-10x32 if you want to keep it really light weight. However, whatever kind of shooting you do may benefit from a first focal plane reticle which the 2.5-10 doesn't have.

OBR w/ ATACR

Aero Build w/ SHV
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 05-02-18 at 20:11.

Feedback Score

New Optic for KAC SR25 E2 PR Advice

How bout an MRO to go along with your need for KAC SR25 E2 PR advice? Has a couple letters you didn’t have.

I crack myself up 🤪

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by rabbitcop; 05-02-18 at 20:28.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    If it's glass quality, turrets, reticles, and overall quality over just weight specifically, I would look at a Tangent Theta, Minox, Kahles, S&B US. For weight I would look at the March or the Leupolds.

The reticles I personally prefer are the MR4 and the SKMR3. The new MSR2 is a pretty nice reticle also and is useful without being busy. The Minox MR5 is also good, but not an open center. I have one of those on a 16 in 308 gun now.

I would be looking for a offset RDS on the rig like a RMR. The illumination on the lower power and of those optics even with it on the highest setting, doesn't compare whatsoever to an RDS if you are planning to have it capable inside 50 yards. Something like an H58 that's not illuminated may be sufficient enough as it is a little thicker.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    My duty OBR 762 wears a Nightforce ATACR F1 4-16x

My personal Aero Precision .308 wears a Nightforce SHV F1 4-14x

The zero stop/turrets are obviously better on the ATACR, but the SHV has REALLY good turrets. Clarity and glass is subjective but I'd be lying if I said I could tell a difference. Not saying the SHV is on par with the ATACR, but rather I may not be smart enough to tell the difference. Magnification in either is perfect for 1000-1200yds plinking and being a Nightforce, they are overbuilt and great quality.

I think either one would be a good fit. You could go with their 2.5-10x32 if you want to keep it really light weight. However, whatever kind of shooting you do may benefit from a first focal plane reticle which the 2.5-10 doesn't have.

OBR w/ ATACR

Aero Build w/ SHV
    I went with ATACR 4-16 F1 for my MWS, but the new 1-8 would be sweet too. I have offset KAC irons on mine too.
    The SHV if you have limited budget is a good option. Im running that on a 300wm bolt, but had iron a SPR AR15.

There are a lot of good options as the rajon Gaijon advised. I wouldn't go over 16 X and I like mil mil, but thats your call.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcop View Post
    How bout an MRO to go along with your need for KAC SR25 E2 PR advice? Has a couple letters you didn’t have.

I crack myself up ��

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I love the acronyms.

FYI for work I am an IAR under an RIA that can establish an IRA for the IRA. Other than that, IDK, IDC, IDGAF.

Feedback Score
    Where did you end up landing on glass?
    Last edited by cbfurg; 05-27-18 at 01:37. Reason: Autocorrect

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I haven't decided for sure yet but I believe I am going to get the Kahles 3-18 with the SKMR3 reticle. I will then run an aimpoint using the mount from Spuhr.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast