G&R Tactical
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remington vs Mossberg Box-fed Shotguns

Feedback Score
    10 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    On the plus side, the weight stays in the receiver area and not further forward like the higher capacity mag tubes.
    Not much of a plus. Twenty 3" OO Buck weigh 3 pounds even. For any practical purpose the long vertical magazine is a liability IMO.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    I think the 10 rounders are going to be the happy spot. Maybe 15
    E pluribus unum

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Not much of a plus. Twenty 3" OO Buck weigh 3 pounds even. For any practical purpose the long vertical magazine is a liability IMO.
    I think the 20 round magazine is impractical. The five and ten rounders are where I'd think most would find maximum utility. Keep the weight on the belt, or chest rig.

I doubt if most folks are going to want to shoot a bunch of full bore 3" OOB.
    "If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse." - Henry Ford

“You are responsible for your actions, but the world doesn’t turn around you, so it’s important that you find something bigger than yourself to work for, a way for you to make a difference.” - Drew Dix, MOH VN '68

Feedback Score
    10 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I think the 20 round magazine is impractical. The five and ten rounders are where I'd think most would find maximum utility. Keep the weight on the belt, or chest rig.

I doubt if most folks are going to want to shoot a bunch of full bore 3" OOB.
    I agree but that was what I had to weigh without going to the safe. Remember I said practical,,, A battle that takes place in your bedroom isn't going to take more than 6 rounds to complete. I'll keep mine in an extended tube over a box magazine.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I agree but that was what I had to weigh without going to the safe. Remember I said practical,,, A battle that takes place in your bedroom isn't going to take more than 6 rounds to complete. I'll keep mine in an extended tube over a box magazine.
    I would agree with the bedroom/HD scenario. As of yet I have not read any long term reliability testing, but I haven't really been looking.
    "If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse." - Henry Ford

“You are responsible for your actions, but the world doesn’t turn around you, so it’s important that you find something bigger than yourself to work for, a way for you to make a difference.” - Drew Dix, MOH VN '68

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I think the 10 rounders are going to be the happy spot. Maybe 15
    I think the 15 rounders will be, all my 590's have a 9 round capacity as they are so the 10's meh.

Be interesting to see if these take off among the competition crowd.
    "Never walk away from home ahead of your axe and sword. You can't feel a battle in your bones or forsee a fight."

"A man should never be parted one step from his weapon; neither on the road, nor on his field does he know when he will need his sword."

– The Hávamál

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I found the Mossberg to be superior when I compared it to the Remington at SHOT shot. Just felt better, looked better, and seemed more like a design then a retro fit. The Mossberg is also double stack.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    I found the Mossberg to be superior when I compared it to the Remington at SHOT shot. Just felt better, looked better, and seemed more like a design then a retro fit. The Mossberg is also double stack.
    Remington is playing catch up to Mossberg. Mossberg was first to get with the BATFE and got approval for the Shockwave and Remington (as well as others) have followed them. Now with the mag fed pump guns as well.
    "Never walk away from home ahead of your axe and sword. You can't feel a battle in your bones or forsee a fight."

"A man should never be parted one step from his weapon; neither on the road, nor on his field does he know when he will need his sword."

– The Hávamál

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12