Yep, 2 Inland carbines (USGI) and both have been 100%. I did replace the recoil spring in both. Have shot mainly reloads. The Carbine is not a firearm that you "tune" a load for, in that it has a narrow pressure operating range. For instance, using 110 gr bullets and W296 powder the max load is 15.0 gr. I did ladder tests and only 14.8 gr and above would operate reliably. Some guys report success with 14.5 gr, but that is still pretty narrow for any noticeable "tuning". I just load 15.0 gr and get decent accuracy out to 100 yds (max range I have shot them at so far)--hitting clay pigeons offhand at that range. I haven't even tested it on paper targets since it is more than adequate for practical accuracy for plinking fun and if need be, home defense. What you don't get from paper specifications is the universal fun factor of the Carbine. No other firearm is so surprisingly fun for everyone in the family from 10 yr olds to us oldies.

I have used USGI mags and the Korean mags and both have been reliable. I did shoot some commercial ammo but it's been so long I can't remember the brand--it was reliable as well (Remington/Federal/Winchester?).

For the same price you can get a Colt 6920 so it would not be my first choice for a home defense carbine. But if you already have a good AR15 the Carbine is a nice addition for pure fun and still practical for varmints or defense. Ultimak makes an excellent rail for mounting a red dot optic. Some in the family are OK with the AR15, but actually prefer the M1 Carbine for its lightweight and easy handling. Supposedly the Ruger 10/22 was designed to resemble the M1 Carbine and the Carbine is about the same size and weight as the 10/22. Easy to understand the 10/22's huge popularity considering the ergonomics of its inspiration.