Thread: Trigger not functioning

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Trigger not functioning

First time assembler here, can anyone tell me what went wrong?

Its a lower parts kit from Black Rifle Depot, the lower is from TN Arms co.
    https://blackrifledepot.com/collecti...ower-build-kit
    Last edited by pooty; 05-03-18 at 22:27. Reason: added specific info

Feedback Score
    Disconnector spring installed incorrectly is my guess.

Or disconnector (or something, the lower?) out of spec. The disconnector should not catch the hammer unless trigger is depressed.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 05-03-18 at 19:59.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Disconnector spring installed incorrectly is my guess.

Or disconnector (or something, the lower?) out of spec. The disconnector should not catch the hammer unless trigger is depressed.

I second this.

Something with the disconnector isn't right.

The first click you're hearing is the disconector catching. The second is the sear. The third is the disconnector resetting, which should happen when you release pressure from the trigger after the bolt carrier has reset your hammer.

Pull it apart, check all the parts. Install it slowly. Check that your disconnector is fully seated in the trigger slot. The spring should be inside the trigger slot, not around the outer edges.

It can take some finagling.

Overall, if that doesnt work, try a whole new FCG. If still nothing, my bet is an out of spec lower.

Is that a TN Arms Polymer lower? Could be out of spec if a lower cost lower.

Best of luck, keep us informed.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 05-04-18 at 01:14.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    I second this.

The first click you're hearing is the disconector catching. The second is the sear.

Pull it apart, check all the parts. Install it slowly. Check that your disconnector is fully seated in the trigger slot. The spring should be inside the trigger slot, not around the outer edges.

Overall, if that doesnt work, try a whole new FCG. If still nothing, my bet is an out of spec lower.

Now that I see for sure its a TN Arms Polymer lower, I bet the cost of the lower its out of spec.

Ask me how I know.

Hint: I have had to return and receive two new lowers from the same company.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ee-Arms/page15
    Last edited by HeruMew; 05-03-18 at 22:42.

Feedback Score
    I second this.

The first click you're hearing is the disconector catching. The second is the sear. The third is the disconnector resetting, which should happen when you release pressure from the trigger after the bolt carrier has reset your hammer.

Im not sure if you were talking on releasr or pushing down of the hammer
    The first click pushing the hammer down is the sear catching (trigger works at that point). The second click down is the disconnector, which is why the trigger was dead. Depressing the disconnector from the lower hammer position is releasing the hammer to the sear, at which point the trigger releases the hammer.

Id put a known good trigger group in. If it works, it suggests the lower is out of spec.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 05-04-18 at 07:22.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Im not sure if you were talking on releasr or pushing down of the hammer
    The first click pushing the hammer down is the sear catching (trigger works at that point). The second click down is the disconnector, which is why the trigger was dead. Depressing the disconnector from the lower hammer position is releasing the hammer to the sear, at which point the trigger releases the hammer.

Id put a known good trigger group in. If it works, it suggests the lower is out of spec.
    Ah, I was under the impression, based on positioning, it was the opposite. Now that you clarify, I can certainly see that my first and second clicks are backwards.

The fact it's not resetting on it's own is the weirdest I have seen, thus I was the under the impression the disconnector engaging too early and having to be forced back and off to release it. (As if the trigger is being held down when the BCG rides back and it catches on the disconnector, not the sear first. But in OPs case, I thought it was happening without them even holding the trigger down, and the sear was engaging late for some reason.)

But, obviously, that wouldn't make sense now that you put it into perspective that the hammer clearly jumps back to the sear after the release of disconnector.

Thanks for clarifying, it my late night perusing, I made a bad judgement. I watched that dang video like 5 times too. Haha.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 05-04-18 at 08:34.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Did you switch the bolt catch spring with the sear spring in the parts kit?
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Ah, I was under the impression, based on positioning, it was the opposite. Now that you clarify, I can certainly see that my first and second clicks are backwards.

The fact it's not resetting on it's own is the weirdest I have seen, thus I was the under the impression the disconnector engaging too early and having to be forced back and off to release it. (As if the trigger is being held down when the BCG rides back and it catches on the disconnector, not the sear first. But in OPs case, I thought it was happening without them even holding the trigger down, and the sear was engaging late for some reason.)

But, obviously, that wouldn't make sense now that you put it into perspective that the hammer clearly jumps back to the sear after the release of disconnector.

Thanks for clarifying, it my late night perusing, I made a bad judgement. I watched that dang video like 5 times too. Haha.
    Haha, been there - no worries. Been guilty myself.
    To be honest, i had to watch it multiple times to see what was going on.

Feedback Score
    I think your disconnector spring is installed upside down. Additionally, it is possible that your trigger spring isn't installed correctly too.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thanks for all the replies... TOS simply deleted my post!
    I'll get back to you guys after I get my hands on both a new lpk and a forged lower.