Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: M&P 2.0 - On The Fence

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dm679864 View Post
    What light/laser systems do yall use on it?
    I'm throwing my PL2 through the ringer right now. No issues.

Feedback Score
    X300U or X300V.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I just picked up a 2.0 9 Compact from my FFL. I bought it from X-Werks in AZ and had them cerakote the frame a dark OD. Looks good! They did a rifle for me last year and do good work. I also had them install Trijicon HD's in place of the regular sights. 1st impressions after dry firing a few times and comparing it to my G19 is that I like the trigger much more so than my G19. Overall dimensions are about as exact to each other as can be. The grip of the M&P feels better in my hand than the G19's does. I have small hands and the G19 grip is squarer than the M&P's. Both feel fine it's just the M&P's feels better. Really subjective more than anything. I've decided to carry the M&P in a Bravo Concealment DOS IWB holster. Main reason is that it will ship in a couple of days and it is the most similar to the Custom Carry Concepts IWB I prefer. The CCC holster wouldn't ship for at least 9 weeks and more than likely 12 weeks or so. Once the Bravo comes in I'll carry it for a bit and then decide if I want to order a CCC holster. On my G19 I have a Surefire XC1 and am thinking about transferring to the M&P or purchasing another one. I may not though. I've had it on my G19 for about a year or so and I'm thinking about where and when I've carried it and if there would have been a need for the weapon light. So far off the top of my head no. Although I've always thought Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

So, overall I like the M&P and can't wait to get tot he range with it. That will happen sometime this weekend. I'll make sure of the zero and put 300-400 rounds down range and see what it will do.
    Last edited by Watrdawg; 05-24-18 at 09:50.

Feedback Score
    I still have half a dozen various iterations of the 1.0 in the safe. If you found a 2.0 with 3 mags at that price I'd grab it.

Edit to add: My 1.0 M&P .40 with the factory .357Sig barrel is a tack driver. I bought one of the factory barrels Midway had and it shoots lights out. As in big ragged hole at 15.
    Last edited by shadowrider; 05-24-18 at 12:41.

Feedback Score
    I have a gen 1 M&P 40 full size that I swear by. It has been flawless from jump street. Very accurate and easy to shoot and the recoil isn't bad at all as far as I'm concerned.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Just got back from the range after putting 100 rounds through my VP9 and my M&P 2.0 and trying a few glocks out from my friends.

The 2.0 was less forgiving of a pistol than the glocks.

The size of it is really amazing for what it is and it does fit my hand better than the glock 19. Also, i always hate playing the glock lottery.

But the pistol proved to be 100% reliable once again and most of my friends liked it a lot.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    What does less forgiving mean?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My wife got interested in shooting after a year of marriage, so I bought her a M&P 2.0 9mm after she tried a bunch at our local range. The 2.0 had the smoothest recoil impulse out of all the polymer pistols, which I found to be true too. I was on the fence between picking up a Gen 5 17 for myself (if she gets a gun, I get one too lol). Since I'm a long-time 1911 shooter, I went with the FDE 5 inch 2.0 with a thumb safety. She went the 4.25 with thumb safety. This keeps our manual of arms training consistent.

I have no regrets purchasing either, although it was quite a bit of adjustment coming from high end 1911s. Especially the trigger press. My one gripe is, as a lefty, it's damn near impossible releasing the slide-stop with my left thumb. I'm hoping it will wear in with use, but so far no dice. I'm thinking of filing down the notch that holds it up a bit, but we'll see - I give it another 1k rounds.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by beschatten View Post
    My wife got interested in shooting after a year of marriage, so I bought her a M&P 2.0 9mm after she tried a bunch at our local range. The 2.0 had the smoothest recoil impulse out of all the polymer pistols, which I found to be true too. I was on the fence between picking up a Gen 5 17 for myself (if she gets a gun, I get one too lol). Since I'm a long-time 1911 shooter, I went with the FDE 5 inch 2.0 with a thumb safety. She went the 4.25 with thumb safety. This keeps our manual of arms training consistent.

I have no regrets purchasing either, although it was quite a bit of adjustment coming from high end 1911s. Especially the trigger press. My one gripe is, as a lefty, it's damn near impossible releasing the slide-stop with my left thumb. I'm hoping it will wear in with use, but so far no dice. I'm thinking of filing down the notch that holds it up a bit, but we'll see - I give it another 1k rounds.
    Read up on Apex kits for your M&Ps, install and you will be close to 1911 trigger pull as far as weight, creep and overtravel. Will still have a fair amount of takeup, but a world better than OEM trigger pull

Feedback Score
    I disnt know the 40s ever had an issue- mine was fine until i tried a storm lake conversion barrel(accuracy went to crap, groups opened up 100%).

I find the mp40 recoil very mild and police trade ins are like $300. A new 2.0 for $350 is dirt cheap.

That said usp40 is phenominal as well but too bib to carry imo. The mpfs was barely small enough to aiwb carry with vg2 and vg3. Ive since switched to glock.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast