Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Do You Add a BCM Extractor Spring?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I don't see a point of buying a single weight for $7.5 when you can buy a complete H2 buffer for 20-25.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Where are you finding H2 buffers in the $20-$25 range?
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Where are you finding H2 buffers in the $20-$25 range?
    Here you go: https://www.kakindustry.com/ar-15-pa...ar15-h2-buffer

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by alx01 View Post
    I don't see a point of buying a single weight for $7.5 when you can buy a complete H2 buffer for 20-25.
    Look at it this way - if you spend 25.00 for a new buffer, you have a carbine buffer sitting around that will likely never get any use, plus you have paid 3 times as much to accomplish what you could have accomplished by buying the weight.

If you can't fathom that, you have a career in government!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    When dealing with an unknown, it never hurts to replace springs such as the extractor spring.
    Buying a used rifle with an unknown round count it would be prudent to at least have all springs available and change them out or change them out when they fail.
    Some years ago when I bought a used AR, I did just that, at least I knew where I was starting from.

With your ejection pattern concerns, I agree, I think it might be your buffer being a bit light for your rifle.

Feedback Score
    Here is the cheapest tungsten buffer weight supplier but it is ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tungsten-Re...-/262957493728

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Look at it this way - if you spend 25.00 for a new buffer, you have a carbine buffer sitting around that will likely never get any use, plus you have paid 3 times as much to accomplish what you could have accomplished by buying the weight.

Here is what you can't seem to fathom:
    H2 buffer is 25-30 including shipping. 2 tungsten weights ($7.5 each) - approximately 20 including shipping. At most $10 difference.
    You also need a roll pin punch. Good if you have it, if you don't - another expense.
    Plus, possibly a roll pin if you damage the existing one. Another few bucks.

You go to a range and your new H2 buffer does not work, now you either have to go back home and revert back or change buffers at the range (if you brought all tools and buffers with you). Plus no easy way to quickly test buffers if you only have one buffer.

If that sounds fine to you - more power to you. For most reasonable people that's a hustle and waste of time and range fees for $5-10 difference.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post

Um, if you don't have that extra buffer laying around how the hell are you going to build another AR? Duh...
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Feedback Score
    H2 buffer is 25-30 including shipping. 2 tungsten weights ($7.5 each) - approximately 20 including shipping. At most $10 difference.
    You also need a roll pin punch. Good if you have it, if you don't - another expense.

You go to a range and your new H2 buffer does not work, now you either have to go back home and revert back or change buffers at the range (if you brought all tools and buffers with you). Plus no easy way to quickly test buffers if you only have one buffer.

If that sounds fine to you - more power to you. For most reasonable people that's a hustle and waste of time and range fees for $5-10 difference.
    I am not buying weights to save money. I am buying weights so that more than one combination of weights can be tried. This way an optimum fit can be found. Of course I could buy two or three more buffers outright. Is that what you are suggesting?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

You are right in some of what you are saying. A lot of it depends on your inclination.

As i noted in an earlier post I didn't suggest buying buffer weights to convert earlier because I didn't know if that was his inclination. Once he mentioned it I weighed in, assuming he had the tools and knowledge.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast