Thread: Grip sleeve for my GWAC Cav Arms grip...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Grip sleeve for my GWAC Cav Arms grip...

I have a Hogue full size grip sleeve with palm swell and finger grooves on my GWACS Cav Arms lower for several years now. I like it.

However, it is just a smidge too big and shifts on a regular basis.

What do you recommend for a grip sleeve that has palm swells (I don;t care too much about the finger grooves, but really like the palm swells) that would be a bit tighter but still fit?

TED

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TED View Post
    I have a Hogue full size grip sleeve with palm swell and finger grooves on my GWACS Cav Arms lower for several years now. I like it.

However, it is just a smidge too big and shifts on a regular basis.

What do you recommend for a grip sleeve that has palm swells (I don;t care too much about the finger grooves, but really like the palm swells) that would be a bit tighter but still fit?

TED
    Take it down with a rough sandpaper so it is the width and feel you like. Once you do that, reinstall it using hairspray. The hairspray makes it easy to slide on, and once it dries it won't slip around.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Take it down with a rough sandpaper so it is the width and feel you like. Once you do that, reinstall it using hairspray. The hairspray makes it easy to slide on, and once it dries it won't slip around.
    Never heard of this but like the idea. Have you ever done this with a polymer pistol grip? I have a 9mm cz clone i want to try this on. Not much in it so don't really mind what it does to the finish if it makes the grip better

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    Never heard of this but like the idea. Have you ever done this with a polymer pistol grip? I have a 9mm cz clone i want to try this on. Not much in it so don't really mind what it does to the finish if it makes the grip better
    Yes, I did it with my Kahr P9.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I gave up on slip-on grips along time ago, but this is cool beans. I'll have to lay it on a buddy of mine.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I gave up on slip-on grips along time ago, but this is cool beans. I'll have to lay it on a buddy of mine.
    I used the Kahr P9 as a backup weapon when working in uniform for a long time, and wanted something super thin. The P9 ended up being too thin, so I needed something to widen it out just a little. It worked well, though eventually I switched to using a G19 as a back up gun.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    When I say it is a smidge too big I mean for the rifles grip not my hands. That's why it shifts around.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TED View Post
    When I say it is a smidge too big I mean for the rifles grip not my hands. That's why it shifts around.

If it is a matter of just sliding around a bit under pressure, the above mentioned trick will work. However, if it is the wrong size all together... either put inner tube under it or buy the right part.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If just barely too big (emphasis on barely) the hair spray will work. Was told that trick for mountain bike grips that had a little slip. I think there are 3 different sizes of bike inner tubes, maybe more.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 05-08-18 at 07:22.