Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lightweight mlok handguard that will fit keymo mount on a 10.5" barrel

Feedback Score

Lightweight mlok handguard that will fit keymo mount on a 10.5" barrel

I have a 10" ALG EMR but it's about a 1/2" too long to allow they keymo to attach.

What are your favorite lightweight mlok handgaurds that are 9 to 9.5"?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Any objection to the 9 inch BCM MCMR?
    Last edited by ggammell; 05-01-18 at 15:42.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I have the BCM MLOK 9 on a 10.5 inch Noveske barreled upper. My Sandman works fine so I would think that you should be good with a Keymo with that setup. I also have a Daniel Defense 10 inch MFR on an 11.5 barreled upper that works fine with the Sandman.
    Open the pig!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm partial to the BCM MCMRs now, which are rock solid. Before they existed, my favorite for 10.3/10.5" barrels was the 3rd Gen Midwest Industries 9.25" rail. I still like that they have two QD sockets per side and are lighter than the MCMR. I have one on my truck gun and don't see the point in replacing it.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltActionAssault View Post
    I have a 10" ALG EMR but it's about a 1/2" too long to allow they keymo to attach.

What are your favorite lightweight mlok handgaurds that are 9 to 9.5"?
    If you have the proper tools and confidence in your abilities, I'd say to cut the existng rail down to the length you want and rock on. Touch up the newly exposed end with Aluminum Black and call it good.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sva01 View Post
    If you have the proper tools and confidence in your abilities, I'd say to cut the existng rail down to the length you want and rock on. Touch up the newly exposed end with Aluminum Black and call it good.
    How would I go about doing this and have it turn out looking like a pro did it?

Quote Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
    I'm partial to the BCM MCMRs now, which are rock solid. Before they existed, my favorite for 10.3/10.5" barrels was the 3rd Gen Midwest Industries 9.25" rail. I still like that they have two QD sockets per side and are lighter than the MCMR. I have one on my truck gun and don't see the point in replacing it.
    Do you have any pictures of the MCMR?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Subscribing because I have a similar issue... and want to see how this turns out.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I carefully measured mine, cut it to length on a band saw, and then lightly sanded/polished it with an upright belt sander.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Do you have any pictures of the MCMR?
    Not of a 9" MCMR on a 10.5" gun, but this is the 10" MCMR on my 11.5" gun:

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    What rail? V1, 2 or 3? What front sight? I would cut it with a chop saw, dress the edges with a needle file, mask off, lightly blast and touch up with a baked on finish. I wouldn't do it if I couldn't retain 1/8" full circumference ahead of the forward most slot. Where are you located?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast