Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What ever happened to the GRSC Combat Rifle Scope?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

What ever happened to the GRSC Combat Rifle Scope?

Anybody remember these? Anybody purchase one? Any feedback? I know some of you guys run an inordinate amount of ammo through your rifles and wonder if these things ever made the grade? What are the 1x4 scopes that have? I can only afford to buy once.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I mounted my scope on a 308 FAL, I know, I know the BDC is build for 556, but I use it mainly as a GP combat scope and the scope has held up just fine.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lowprone View Post
    Anybody remember these? Anybody purchase one? Any feedback? I know some of you guys run an inordinate amount of ammo through your rifles and wonder if these things ever made the grade? What are the 1x4 scopes that have? I can only afford to buy once.
    I don't post much on this web site because I am not a paid advertiser here, but here is the lates info. I'm the proccess of having two new scopes put into production. A 1x4 made in S Korea and a 1x6 being made in Florida. I'm being told by these manufactures that the scopes should be avalible Jan 09. I can only hope!!!!!! This has been a very long hard uphill battle to get these scopes into production. I haven't given up. The reports that have come back from people who have used and killed with the scope in the sandbox have been very positive about the reticle. The scope needs to be better. Sorry but I can't give more details at this time because the scopes are still in development.

Ed
    GRSC Inc

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GRSC View Post
    I don't post much on this web site because I am not a paid advertiser here, but here is the lates info. I'm the proccess of having two new scopes put into production. A 1x4 made in S Korea and a 1x6 being made in Florida. I'm being told by these manufactures that the scopes should be avalible Jan 09. I can only hope!!!!!! This has been a very long hard uphill battle to get these scopes into production. I haven't given up. The reports that have come back from people who have used and killed with the scope in the sandbox have been very positive about the reticle. The scope needs to be better. Sorry but I can't give more details at this time because the scopes are still in development.

Ed
    GRSC Inc
    Thank's for the update. I have been considering a 1 - 4 scope for a long time and have been interested in the GRSC since it "came out". Though i'm not military or LEO, I like the reticle you have on your scope with the ranging circles. Simple and easy to understand by armchair commandos like myself.

Looks like i'm going to have to wait a while longer ....

BTW, any chance it will come out in a more compact package (shorter tube)?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eye Spy View Post
    Thank's for the update. I have been considering a 1 - 4 scope for a long time and have been interested in the GRSC since it "came out". Though i'm not military or LEO, I like the reticle you have on your scope with the ranging circles. Simple and easy to understand by armchair commandos like myself.

Looks like i'm going to have to wait a while longer ....

BTW, any chance it will come out in a more compact package (shorter tube)?

Yes both scopes will be shorter than the oringinal. The S Korean 1x4 will have a 30mm tube and be about 9.5 inches long. The US made 1x6 scope will have a 35mm tube and will be about 8 inches long. Both scopes will have the new 800 yard BDC reticle. This reticle is pretty much the same as the 500 yard BDC reticle but it goes out to 800 yards.

Ed
    GRSC Inc

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GRSC View Post
    Yes both scopes will be shorter than the oringinal. The S Korean 1x4 will have a 30mm tube and be about 9.5 inches long. The US made 1x6 scope will have a 35mm tube and will be about 8 inches long. Both scopes will have the new 800 yard BDC reticle. This reticle is pretty much the same as the 500 yard BDC reticle but it goes out to 800 yards.

Ed
    GRSC Inc
    please keep us in the loop if the 1-6 goes down to a true 1x i might be interested in one of those as well.

Feedback Score
    This is really interesting - sounds like it will be worth the wait, so let us know how it's going from time to time.

Feedback Score
    I still seriously dig that reticle. Best of luck to you Ed!
    Keep your powder dry.

M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I am a tactical marketing professional. PM for details.

Feedback Score
    Funny, I was just thinking about GRSC's the other day. A US made 1-6x sounds like a good bit of kit.

It's a lot easier for DoD units to make an open purchase of US made products. I know we'd be more apt to pick up 40-50 of those than a dozen S&B's.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtmajor View Post
    please keep us in the loop if the 1-6 goes down to a true 1x i might be interested in one of those as well.
    I am told it will be a 1x6. I was told by many scope people this was not possible. Well Swarovski has their 1x6 and I was very impressed. Unfortunately they don't want anything to do with my reticle. The prototype 1x6 I received from Ellis optics looked very good.

Ed
    GRSC Inc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast