Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AK Stock

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

AK Stock

This looks like an excellent option. https://youtu.be/FdMhzvJRz7c

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by usmcvet; 05-08-18 at 18:38.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    That Robski guy is well over 6' and he shoots with a standard stock. Arsenal does however make a NATO length stock which is 1.25" longer than the Warsaw length stock. I think overall they went with a slightly shorter stock because of heavier winter clothing and vests/armor etc.

Here's Robski

Rob is nice and lean too! I'm tactically padded!

"Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    I started with a grenade pad on my WASR, adds an inch of pull and much more comfortable, for $10 it's the best bang for the buck fix. Shooting irons I had the same problem as OP, the bottom edge of the buttstock dug in to my shoulder. Eventually ditched it for a few other setups but when I went with a side mount & scope I needed a good cheek rise. So as much as I hate the looks of 'em, I had an M4 stock w/cheek riser & adaptor in my junk drawer and that works perfectly, and gives me adjustment for my eye relief.

I also have a CNC/Bonesteel Galil folder with a cheek riser on my Saiga, it looks good but the fixed LOP made it harder to find a magnified optic that worked.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderson View Post
    I started with a grenade pad on my WASR, adds an inch of pull and much more comfortable, for $10 it's the best bang for the buck fix. Shooting irons I had the same problem as OP, the bottom edge of the buttstock dug in to my shoulder. Eventually ditched it for a few other setups but when I went with a side mount & scope I needed a good cheek rise. So as much as I hate the looks of 'em, I had an M4 stock w/cheek riser & adaptor in my junk drawer and that works perfectly, and gives me adjustment for my eye relief.

I also have a CNC/Bonesteel Galil folder with a cheek riser on my Saiga, it looks good but the fixed LOP made it harder to find a magnified optic that worked.
    Thank You!

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

AK Stock

I just added a MOE rail to my M92 handguard. I'm going to mow it forward to the front two slots.

Last edited by usmcvet; 05-14-18 at 11:42.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I only run Warsaw length stocks on my Kalashnikovs and I have Wookie arms.

MAC did a vid where a Magpul stock broke off attempting to mortar a stuck casing.

@ 10:05
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 05-16-18 at 02:34.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    I only run Warsaw length stocks on my Kalashnikovs and I have Wookie arms.
    MAC did a vid where a Magpul stock broke off attempting to mortar a stuck casing.
    I didn't break the Zhukov stock in the short time I had it, but I had no faith that it would survive more than a few range trips.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    I didn't break the Zhukov stock in the short time I had it, but I had no faith that it would survive more than a few range trips.
    Along with FN's SCAR stocks, they utilize plastic hinge pins.

All my folders (Russian/Bulgarian AK 100 series, Polish Beryl, Romanian wire) have steel hinge pins.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Along with FN's SCAR stocks, they utilize plastic hinge pins.

All my folders (Russian/Bulgarian AK 100 series, Polish Beryl, Romanian wire) have steel hinge pins.
    I have a SCAR 17 and one of my AKs has a Magpul Zhukov stock and both have steel hinge pins.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by EBAM1A View Post
    I have a SCAR 17 and one of my AKs has a Magpul Zhukov stock and both have steel hinge pins.
    Perhaps your SCAR and Zhukov stock are latter models? I don't own a SCAR so I never concerned myself with the details as far as which if any models they updated and beefed up the hinge area but I've read complaints on the boards about stocks breaking due to the plastic hinge pin. Thought this was also one of SOCOM's few issues with them? Kind of why there is an after market for SCAR stock replacements.

The video linked above concerning the Zhukov that broke on MAC doesn't show any metal in there and he specifically sites it broke at the hinge pin.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast