Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Budget LVPO options?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I run an Accupoint mil reticle 1-6 on one of my guns.
    Plenty of glass to 300 yds+ for that game. Not going to be as quick at CQB distance as a battery powered 1-4X however.
    Everything’s a trade off, gotta decide what works for you, what you can live with.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    The Lume on my PA Platinum 1-8x is visible in bright sun.
    Cool, thank you-
    Pat
    Where violence is the local language, be fluent.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    Vegasshooter,

What are your thoughts on NX8 vs Kahles K16i w/ SM1 reticle? Asking about all aspects generally regarded in LPVO’s but mainly curious on your thoughts about how easy it is picking up the reticle on 1x without illumination?

I picked up the K16i and have an NX8 on the way for comparison, so I’ll be able to form my own opinions soon, but you have a lot more experience.
    These are two of the LPVO I am considering, their size and weight seem just right for an AR and they are high quality without going completely insane on the price tag. So I am interested in what you both have to say about the comparion.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Are you guys using the ACSS reticle on your PA Platinum 1-8? If so what do you think of it?
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    No need to apologize, all the conversation and rhetoric certainly helps my education.

I figured I would be looking at 500-1k.

I had hoped though. Haha.
    If you're good with a 4x, look at Steiner P4Xi
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I've never had, nor shot with a Kahles scope, but have their binos- great glass.
    Had the NF NXS with the FC 3G reticle. The reticle was fast to acquire without lume (which is a good thing, as there is no "daylight bright" lume with this optic).

Yes to the ACSS reticle on the PA's 1X8. It's a bit cluttered for my liking, but offers a lot.
    "In the heat of the moment" I find it difficult to apply the features it provides with any speed (the vertical ranging feature).

My "go to" optic on a couple range guns (CQB to 300 yds.) is the Meopta ZD 1-4X. Simple, but effective ranging reticle, nuclear bright lume, 95% as quick as MRO at 1X for me.
    This optic seldom, if ever, gets any press- but works well for me. To each his own.

Also agree that for price, the Steiner P4Xi is about as good as I've found.
    I have a "truck gun" with this optic.

Just my thoughts.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Vegasshooter,

Which would you take if given a choice between a non-Platinum Primary Arms 1-6x24FFP or a Steiner P4Xi?

I'm looking for something mid-range-ish to try out an LPV. Not sure I'm up for investing $1200 right at the moment, though.
    It'll go on an 11.5" SBR and mostly be used for range blasting and the occasional class. 0-200yds or there abouts...

Thx!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    Vegasshooter,

Which would you take if given a choice between a non-Platinum Primary Arms 1-6x24FFP or a Steiner P4Xi?

I'm looking for something mid-range-ish to try out an LPV. Not sure I'm up for investing $1200 right at the moment, though.
    It'll go on an 11.5" SBR and mostly be used for range blasting and the occasional class. 0-200yds or there abouts...

Thx!
    Can't wait to hear the answer on this because I have the exact same question.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    That Steiner comes up a lot, I was sooo close to buying one.... I was able to mount my Gen 2 Viper PST 1-6, I was waiting on an X mount as my standard Recon mount put the scope too far back. I have to say after getting the eye relief set I feel this is going to be *close* to Aimpoint fast. At least for me, but I'm not that fast to begin with. Even at the lower settings the dot is very visible, I can pretty much use it both eyes open even at 6X. Clarity seems very good edge to edge. I can't wait to get it to the range! Looks pretty bad ass on the rifle too, but it does add some weight. Since my eyes aren't what they used to be, I'll take the weight.

Hopefully this thread isn't too far off topic for the OP but I find it super helpful. I have the means to buy a lot more scope than I did but I didn't really want to invest heavily in something I may or not like, or won't work for my vision. It's great that there are some great scopes, even at the sub $500 mark, everyone should be able to find something they like. For me I really like the idea of the ACSS reticle on the PA scopes but after getting my 1-6 found out I really prefer just the dot. But for some that ACSS reticle looks to make long distance shooting a piece of cake. I'll probably end up selling mine but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

IMG_2449 by Michael Starmer, on Flickr

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    Vegasshooter,

Thx!
    An “out to 200 yds”, SBR seems an ideal mix with the PX4i. Relatively precise hits easily do-able.
    The two pound, 34mm 1-8x on an SBR not so much.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast