Man, this thread has picked up some steam in the last couple days. Sorry to those that asked questions, I spend a bunch of time on Snipers Hide, and I haven’t checked this thread lately. Used to be, the optics section here didn’t get a ton of action. I think that’s changing for the better.

On the Platinum line of scopes: the reticle is super daylight bright. They hit several really good points with that scope. The illumination is defiantly one of them.
On the question of the Kahles vs the NF NX8.....man....that’s a tough call. I’m going to cop out and say I don’t know. The Kahles is such a strong scope. The reason I personally went with the NF is that it’s 1-8, and I like a straight mil reticle in the FFP. That’s just ME, and my opinion. I had the Razor 1-6, and I was a tick away from buying the Kahles then. I simply found the Razor sooner, at a better price. Now a days, I’m all FFP, and 1-8. Truly, no bad choice there.

The last question was the NX8 vs the ATACR 1-8. That one is easy. HOLY SMOKE the ATACR 1-8 is insanely nice. Like in a different world nice. Here’s why: huge field of view. Phenomenal glass, let’s in a huge amount of light. The coatings make it one of the brightest scopes I’ve been behind for its size. Lastly, the reticle. I was shooting yesterday at 650yds in a 17mph cross wind. With a Speer 75 gr that’s a 6 Mil elevation hold and a 4mil wind hold. I was pounding steel and NEVER touched a dial. Held in the reticle and just banged away. 4-5 in a row. With most any 1-6 or 1-8, you’re holding in no mans land. Or, you can dial the 6 mils and hold wind, but I didn’t even loosen a cap. That’s awesome.
I’m no kid, and my eyes are decent, not great. This 1-8 allows me to shot sub MOA at 100yd with bonded ammo. Usually I need more scope to shoot that tight. I just can’t see well enough. Not with the ATACR. My Lancer DMR 18”, with a White Oak barrel shot a .91moa, 5 shot using this scope.
If you have extra $1k, it’s worth it. Absolutely!